Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Linksys Wireless-N USB and BlackBerry 9530 USB

After trying many many options, I think I found an incompatibility between the Linksys Wireless-N USB Adapter and the BlackBerry 9350.

Backstory:

My Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter was previously installed into my laptop before I purchased my phone. I did not have any issues with it until I tried installing my BlackBerry 9350.

Current Issues:

I connect my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter though a Dynex USB 2.0 PCMCIA 2-Port CardBus Adapter which I purchased at BestBuy. My current USB 2.0 port on my Laptop does not recognize anything anymore. My USB 1.0 port still works and I can connect my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter through it with no issues.

I installed the BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.7 from the CD that came with my BlackBerry into my laptop. When I tried to connect my BlackBerry 9530 into my Dynex USB 2.0 PCMCIA 2-Port CardBus Adapter with my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter connected, it would not connect. When I looked under the "Safely Remove Hardware" it showed an exclamation point where the "BlackBerry Smartphone" was. I looked into the properties and it stated it could not start this device. I also noticed that I had lost my wireless connection. I "stopped" my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter and removed it from the Dynex USB 2.0 PCMCIA 2-Port CardBus Adapter after it said I could disconnect the device. Upon plugging it back into my Dynex USB 2.0 PCMCIA 2-Port CardBus Adapter my BlackBerry "hard" restarted. It was as if I removed the battery and put it back in.

So, after a few more times of attempting to connect as previously stated, and having the same results, I looked to the internet and found Troubleshoot USB connections on the BlackBerry Support Site and followed it. It did not work.

So, I un-installed my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter, Dynex USB 2.0 PCMCIA 2-Port CardBus Adapter and the BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.7. Upon rebooting, I installed ONLY the BlackBerry USB and Modem DriversENG (DM4.7b50) found at https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22.

I then plugged in my BlackBerry 9350 into the Dynex USB 2.0 PCMCIA 2-Port CardBus Adapter and, viola, it recognized my BlackBerry and allowed me to connect to it as two hard drives. However, when I was looking in the hard drives on the BlackBerry, my laptop froze. It did this multiple times after having to hard reboot my laptop. (e.g. I had to hold the power button down until it shutoff.) I tried un-installing and reinstalling the BlackBerry USB and Modem DriversENG (DM4.7b50) to find the same issue.

While leaving the BlackBerry USB and Modem DriversENG (DM4.7b50) installed, I downloaded the BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.7 found at https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22 and installed it. When I reconnected my BlackBerry 9350 into the Dynex USB 2.0 PCMCIA 2-Port CardBus Adapter it recognized it and everything worked without freezing the computer. All was well. I could use the Roxio Media Manager, Sync toys etc. Everything was working.

I reinstalled my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter software drivers. Upon plugging in my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter into the Dynex USB 2.0 PCMCIA 2-Port CardBus Adapter, my wireless connection to my Linksys Wireless-N router would not connect. It would not connect even with my BlackBerry 9530 disconnected.

To get my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter to work, I had to repeat un-installing all USB Drivers in my computer, my BlackBerry 9530 Desktop Software v4.7, my Dynex USB 2.0 PCMCIA 2-Port CardBus Adapter and my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter and reinstall only my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter to get it connected again as I did before to just get my BlackBerry 9530 to connect.

I have also tried getting the latest drivers from Linksys and Dynex and repeating everything said above. Even when I connect my BlackBerry 9530 to my USB 1.0 port and my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter to the Dynex USB 2.0 PCMCIA 2-Port CardBus Adapter, I still have the same problems as stated above. Even vice versa produces the same results.

Here is current information on my OS and Drivers I am using to try and connect both:

Windows XP Professional 2002

Service Pack 3

BlackBerry USB and Modem DriversENG (DM4.7b50)
BlackBerry Desktop Software 470_b050_English

Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter
Model: WUSB600N
Driver Version: 1.01

Dynex USB 2.0 PCMCIA CardBus Adapter
Model: DX-UC202
Driver Version: 2.1.9

If you need more information or help, please let me know. I would like to use both the internet and my phone on my laptop at the sametime.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: Linksys Wireless-N USB and BlackBerry 9530 USB

Anyone having this problem? I would like to get it solved, please. I cannot use my BlackBerry and the Internet at the same time. Any help?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

In your post I did not see if you had checked in the hardware device manager to see if you

had any driver conflicts. Should be listed with a yellow caution flag. (example below.)

You have run through the USB troubleshooting procedure, I would look the first procedure listed below.

It address's conflicts in com ports etc. The procedure is for the smartphone not being detected, but

it will give you additional information on potential device and driver conflicts.

The second link listed addresses the proper registration of the com serial and USB drivers. Again

The procedure is for a different error, but you are having a driver conflict and it is pertinent.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB00125&sliceId=1&docTy...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03135&sliceId=1&docTy...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

When I looked under the "Safely Remove Hardware" it showed an exclamation point where the "BlackBerry Smartphone" was. I looked into the properties and it stated it could not start this device.

I do not have this issue now after uninstalling everything etc. as in my post. When I have only my Linksys Wireless adapter plugged in and I plug in my phone, the Wireless disconnects and won't reconnect. When I only have my BlackBerry in and I plug in my Wireless, the phone reboots and will not be recognized and will never connect. It does not show any exclamation point anymore.

Any ideas?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Just a thought but turn the radio off on the BB before you plug it in and see what happens.

If wouldn't be the first time!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Visitor
My Device: 9530

Hi !

May I inquire if you were able to make your BB 9530 work with wifi connection ? Using your USB connection