Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Lock/unlock problems

This is another of the annoying problems of the Storm 9500 4.7.0.78 Vodafone official ROM.

The locking/unlocking of the device has been changed from previous devices: in my previous Pearl 8100, you could or lock the keyboard  (long asterisk) or put it in sleep/standby mode (pressing the button on top left).

Now, there is only one way: with the button on top left you put it in standby mode. But this mode has a different behaviour than previous devices:

- All programs that wake up and unlock the device (Aerize Alerts, Peekawho, etc) now only  wake it up, but still locked so youcan only see the message saying that the device is locked.

- Clicking the screen does the same effect, wakes it up but mantains locked.

- Taking the device from the device original holster , wakes it up but mantains locked (so the action that previously worked, when you receive an email and takes the devices from the holster it's automatically opened and showed now doesn't have much sense, as you cann't see it until you unlock it manually)

- Moreover I use to carry it in my pocket, and most of the times I take it out of my pocket the screen goes on. This wastes battery, I have tried to determine if it only happens when I touch a button or the screen, but it's difficult to know as the screen is so big to take it out without touching (I had the feeling that the light sensor or the accelerometer makes also wake it up, but not sure).

I hope that next ROM versions make it easier, for example having a function that wakes it up for some seconds but mantains everything locked, and deactivating the wake up function while locked if you touch the screen or buttons (except for, let's say, the menu button that must show the locked message).

Is anybody else having issues with locking/unlocking???