Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
shravankumarn
My Device: Strom -2 - 9520
Accepted Solution

Lost Korean Script on BB Strom

I need help - I want to restore my Korean script on my mobile... which I lost accedently while exploring Mac and BB ...

I made many attempts by restoring mobile to factory settings- but still couldnt achieve that....!

- Just do it ... !
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Lost Korean Script on BB Strom

hello, I do not understand your question.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
shravankumarn

Xandrex wrote:

hello, I do not understand your question.

On my Mac - I unchecked few of the applications, like Chinese font and Japaniese font- assuming that Korean font is different from them, but unfortunately, I lost my Korean font on my Mobile.... 

Now I was requesting for a proceedure to restore my font - Reset to Factory settings didn't work in my case...

Hope you got my question now.... plz let me know if I am still unclear.

- Just do it ... !
Guru I
Xandrex

input languages are included in the OS you install on your PC.

Using DesktopManager / Application Loader, you are able to select the languages you wish to keep on your device.

This selection procedure can be done whenever you want. Just plug the device, and use the Application Loader. You will be able to re-add the languages you need.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
shravankumarn

Xandrex wrote:

Using DesktopManager / Application Loader, you are able to select the languages you wish to keep on your device.

This selection procedure can be done whenever you want. Just plug the device, and use the Application Loader. You will be able to re-add the languages you need.

Such an easy proceedure.....! thanks a lot dude.... I shall try now.... If it proceeds successful....then I would be the happiest..... 

I shall confirm u....

- Just do it ... !
Contributor
shravankumarn

Xandrex wrote:

Sorry for this.... its not working.... actually I could trace the method ...but, its not getting updated... :smileysad:

is there any other proceeduce, I checked Chinese and Korean support scrips.... it asked for restart, I followed its instructions, but finally it didn't reflect effectively... !

- Just do it ... !
Guru I
Xandrex

"trace the method" ? "not getting updated" ? what do you mean by support scripts ?

I am willing to help, but you need to be more specific. Which steps did you do so far and where does it not work ?

Contributor
shravankumarn

Xandrex wrote:

"trace the method" ? "not getting updated" ? what do you mean by support scripts ?

I am willing to help, but you need to be more specific. Which steps did you do so far and where does it not work ?

I shall make my statements clear now.... After I arrived to Applications option in Desktop Manager, I couldn't find the option to recheck (select), "Japaniese" and "Chiniese" support script (earlier I have unchecked it, thus I lost Korean Font in my Mobile).....

Now when I tried to restore this Korean Font in my mobile, throught resetting BB to Factory settings, I couldn't restore the basic default installed applications... Now I want to figure out a way, where I can restore my default languages support in BB.... 

I hope, my point is clear now...thanks for u'r patience dude... and plz help needed...

- Just do it ... !
Guru I
Xandrex

hello,

I understand now. You need some explanation on how input languages work on the BlackBerry device.

On your BlackBerry devices, each input language is a module. When you get your device from the carrier, you get a device that includes an OS, and in that OS some modules are included. For your specific case, there was among others, Korean.

When you plug your device to your Desktop Manager, the DM finds the model of your device, and the carrier, and fetches on the internet the most recent OS available that was published by your carrier for your device.

It seems that that specific OS from that carrier has several modules for input language, including Japanese and Chinese, but not Korean.

what you need to do is :

1. find the carriers that have published an OS for your device, that include the Korean input language for your device model
  2. download that OS and install it in your Desktop Manager
  3. (if need be, delete the vendor.xml file)
  4. install that OS on your device, and during the installation you will see the Korean input language and will be able to check it
  5. once this OS will be installed on your device, you will be able to switch to KR input language.

You can find a non extensive list of OS released by carriers for the Storm and for the Storm 2, including eastern Asian  carriers, in the two first discussions on the following page:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Storm-Smartphone/bd-p/9500