Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Developer
StormCaller
My Device: Not Specified

Lost Yahoo Messanger since 5.0.0.328

Since the upgrade, I cannot log into my Yahoo Messenger account. prior to 5.x it worked fine and I can still log in with the same log-in and PW on my desktop.

Anyone else?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kiwicalifornia
My Device: Storm 9530, OS 5.0.0.328, VZW

Re: Lost Yahoo Messanger since 5.0.0.328

Did you reinstall the app after upgrading the OS?. Yahoo Messenger is one of the apps that is automaticlly removed during upgrade due to compatibility issues. You can reinstall it from app world or http://www.blackberry.com/yahoomessenger Hope this helps
Please use plain text.
New Developer
StormCaller
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Lost Yahoo Messanger since 5.0.0.328

Interretsing as mine did not un-install during the upgrade however, I have since tried to do an un-install and a re-install. No dif.

I did however, on an un-related issue-track-down, downgrade to 4.7 and Yahoo worked again. But when I went back to 5.0.0.328, it stopped again so the bug is compatibality with the new version. Since Yahoo does not seem interrested (by repeatidly sending me idiotic automated messages) then the hell with it. They are not the only messenger program out there.

Its time that companies learn that saving a few pennies by using those assinine auto reply support mesages do not gain them any more friends than saving a few bucks by shipping customer support overseas.

Thanks

Please use plain text.