Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
obrienaj
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Lost browser " not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries"

I no longer have a browser, the icon is not displayed.  This happened once before and I successfully restored it via Options/Theme/Restore Default settings.  That solution does not solve the problem this time.  It happened after I was using the Desktop Manager for the first time on a new PC  and the manager essentially removed everything on the device.  I restored a back-up and  I thought I got everything back, but it seems that the browser did not make it back.  All other apps are working .  When I attempt to configure a browser I get a message that says

"  Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.  Please contact your service provider to enable Browser on your device"

Ideas ?  Or do I have to actually call Verizon.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
obrienaj

Re: Lost browser " not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries"

Thanks to this old post that I found, the problems has been fixed...

Hello,

Please try the following:

1. From the home screen press Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

2. Once the Host Routing Table is open, press the menu key(2nd button in from the left on the bottom) and press "Register Now".

You should see registration message sent and will get a registration email. If your browser does not restore, please remove the battery for about 10 seconds and put it back to do a reset. If you still do not see the browser I would contact your wireless provider to have your service books pushed out.

You can also look for the Email Settings icon in the Setup folder. Click on this icon and you may find the option the send service books.

Hope this is helpful.

Please use plain text.
cindywatt

Re: Lost browser " not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries"

Hi All,

I tried everything, including not one but two phone calls to Telus to resolve this issue.  Finally an hour later I reset my themes as part of changing my theme, and lo and behold, there was the icon.  Simple but true.  Give it a try.

Cheers

Blackberry Gadgetgal

Please use plain text.
xhelal
My Device: Blackberry storm
My Carrier: Cricket

i have a blackberry storm with cricket i flashed it there and like i security wiped it everything got deleted so like i dont have my web icon how do i get it back?? helpp  pllzzzz

Please use plain text.
williamsonfam
My Device: 8130
My Carrier: Pioneer Enid Cellular

Thank you! This worked for me!!!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
andreadoa27

Browser is not working anymore

About a month ago my internet browser  and the gps suddenly disappeared from my blackberry tour, leaving me just with the wap icon (that says "unable to connect to the internet, please try again and if the problem persists contact your service provider).

So I contacted AT&T, and after 3 hours on the phone they told me that my phone has some kind of malware and its never going to connect to internet again, and that it was probably from an app that was installed on the phone. Essentially, they told me they have no idea what is wrong with my phone.

I have done the service book and host routing table thing, I reset the phone to its original configurations and I even wiped it all, apps, contacts, pics, everything. I still can not connect to internet or change the wap browser default settings.

So during all this I lost the blackberry messenger app and of course I can't download it directly from the phone so I tried to do it through BB desktop manager and I couldn't. But I installed OPERA and it works fine!.. So there is connection to internet! But if I try to download something it redirects me to my wap browser and of course it says I don't have internet connection.

If anyone has any idea of what is going on with my phone I would really appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kempyau
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Optus Australia

Re: Browser is not working anymore

So what happened - I have the same problem with a Bold 9000.  Hours on the phone to my supplier and they advise to take it back to the them .... a real waste of time - it seems that everyone has the same problem with browsers and BB.

SDK
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kempyau

Re: Browser is not working anymore BB Bold 9000

[ Edited ]

I have also tried " KB19915-How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry... from 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19915&slic...

When I do this still no change - the browser icon appears in Messages/hold in BB button/Browser and when selected I get:

"Your device does not have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries "(but it does) " Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device." (which I have.)

Where to from here?

Desperate times require desperate measures.   :robotsad:

SDK
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kempyau

Gave up.  Took BB back to provider and they tested with one of their SIMS and did not work, ie no browser.  Gave me a new phone and all OK.. Hours wasted on time for nothing.  Grrrrrrrr

SDK
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kempyau

I have since had the same problem with another BB 9000 that was given to me.  

Tried everything and it was out of warranty.  

Finally I downloaded the BB DOS software "JLCommander"  or to be more accurate "JL_Cmder v1.9.0" and tried taking all the software off the BB and renistalling but still no browser or BB SW.  So in desperation I tried "reset to manufacturer specs" and bingo, it all works again.  

I suspect that the problem originates because the phone was on a BES plan and I have a BIS plan.  Optus, my Aussie phone company, HAD NO IDEA - NO HELP - nothing.  They really had no clues or do not want you downloading SW to fix yourself.

One other thing I discovered is that you need a user name and PW for the phone company and another for BB apps.  Pays to make them the same.

Good luck readers. :Clap:

SDK
Please use plain text.