Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
JeremyReger
My Device: Not Specified

Lots of trouble with 9530 Storm once wiped with e-mail and notifications

[ Edited ]
Hello,
I have a storm Pin# [removed private information] . Verizon is the Carrier
v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94)
1. First of all, the only reason I am messing with this is because I just had to perform a complete wipe the other day because it was only "thinking" the whole time and I would not recieve any calls or be able to make any.
So I wiped it did the authorization/activation at *228 and Everything seems to be working great, I set up my e-mail accounts, I am recieving e-mail, I can make calls and the phone is running great!
I had noticed I am not getting notifications when I get an e-mail, so I started looking into the sounds, and then messages, and I can see my vzw e-mail address, but non of my GMail or yahoo addresses. 
2. This brings me to another thing, when I went throught the e-mail setup wizard it didnt let me pull up my old BIS account, it just started a new one, so I had to create jeremyrreger@  I used to have jeremyreger@.
When I go to the BIS at http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw  and say forgot password, I enter my pin, and it sends me a message to my Storm saying no username or password is set up for this device, when I already have had one installed on here.  I have had this phone since the launch.  So getting that message I go into Create BIS account above Forgot password where I just was, and it says, there is already an account for this Pin.
3. Another issue is I can get e-mail all day long but i cannot send any.  And I got all the activation e-mails once I set up the e-mails from blackberry.
Thanks a lot!
Message Edited by dany_s on 03-23-2009 04:10 PM
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Lots of trouble with 9530 Storm once wiped with e-mail and notifications

Hi and Welcome!

First things first -- with the way BIS seems to be hosed, it's best to call VZW to get it cleared up. When I did something similar, I was receiving similar results -- I called them (using the number on the BIS login page) and they found out the problem and fixed it right away.

As advice, what I typically recommend is that, prior to a Wipe, to delete all BIS accounts so that they can be sure to be cleanly recreated. Too late now, to be sure, but just in case anyone else is reading this thread. Also, I would have recommended doing batt-pull reboots before resorting to the destructive Wipe.

As for the notifications and inability to send -- let's get BIS squared away first...it could be that, with BIS hosed, nothing else will work properly.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JeremyReger
My Device: Not Specified

Ok, Well calling Verizon fixed it up, my phone hadnt connected to my old BIS.  So he had to send through the "books" from my old BIS to my phone.  It is working great now, other than I have had it offline for 4 days now, and it took 4 hours to download all 1538 mail messages and 438 Facebook notifications... hahhaa

Anywho, Call verizon and have them connect your books to the Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Excellent! Then please do take a moment to mark the thread as resolved so that others can more easily find your solution.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.