Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

havok682
My Device: Not Specified

Media Issues

I upgraded to the New OS 5.0 today and in addition to having similar problems, such as Facebook & BBM being deleted, I am also experiencing one other.

When I enter the Media area on my phone, I do not get any choice to listen to the Music Player.  Icons are listed to view Videos, Pictures, Ring Tones, & Voice Notes but nothing for Music.  I searched through the phone & my music files were still on my memory card.

Is anyone experiencing this same issue?  And does anyone have any solution to this?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hdattitude
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Media Issues

Mine is the same way after upgrading. I found the music icon in the Applications folder...with all my music. Shew!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ikatsume
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Media Issues

Go to the home folder (then one with all the main apps and services)  hit the menu button and hit "show all."  The app "Music" should be there.  If you moved your media program on the old operating system to a different folder it might be in that folder.  The Music app on my phone was hidden, and I spent a good 15 minutes trying to find it before doing this.  I moved my "Music" app to the new "Media" folder.  If you use your Blackberry for music as much as I do I suggest going to "Options" and "screen/keyboard" and setting your right convenience key (the one under the volume buttons) as "Music."  While you're at it I recomend going through and seeing what all the hidden programs are, you might like some.  I also recomend organizing them into new folders for convenience, moving all your e-mail and sms/mms programs into the "Instant messaging" folder, even if you are going to keep them hidden.  To hide or show any app or prgram select it by touching it with your finger, but don't press down on it.  Then hit the menu button and choose either "hide" or show."

Please use plain text.