Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Media Player

When playing music, the media bar doesn't show the progress bar.  I can't fast-forward and so forth.  According to the BB 101 guide, it should pop up/hide when you click the screen.  However, it just never shows up.  Are others having this issue?  Is there an optioning for this?

Newbie BB user

New Contributor

Re: Media Player

I have the same problem  Can't FF or rewind, no progress bar. 
New Contributor

If I understand your issue, you don't need to press/click on the screen while media is playing but lightly touch the  screen to bring up the media controls.  Then once that is brought up, highlight/click on the progress bar and move your finger where you want the media to play from.

I hope this helped you out.

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

I have the same problem, although with enough clicking and brushing of the screen I can get it to appear, albeit often only briefly. The progress bar does work but it is very temperamental. To be honest this feature of the Storm is crap. FF & RW  etc is a key requirement of listening to music and if it can't be instantly and easily controlled there is no point in having it, period.

Oh, and that's without the volume control button deciding to work as Next Track/Previous track. The only way I can adjust the volume is by going into video mode, where it seems to work.

Overall I'm pleased with my Storm but when basic features like this don't work easily or at all, it reflects very badly on RIM. I do hope they have someone reading these posts and those on other forums 24/7 because unless they fix these bugs and other usability issues quickly, the Storm is going to die a death, with the iPhone and others walking all over it.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

The light touch works, but not all the time.  Thanks for the feedback.  At least I can get the progess bar to come up sometimes.

The volume control has short cuts.  If you press and hold the volume key up/down, it will either go to the previous/next track.  If you press a single time, it should adjust the volume.

Message Edited by mhl31 on 12-16-2008 07:20 PM
New Contributor

I have messed with this lots of times.  It is not consistant.  Most of the time it takes 5-30 seconds of messing with it.  Because this does not work, It is almost useless to listen to podcasts.  If you have to stop in the middle, you can not quickly and accuratly see where you left off or go back to that spot to continue playing.  So much for good entertainment while commuting.
New Contributor

Re: Media Player Solution

[ Edited ]
Upon Further review, the problem of the progress bar in music player is that you need to flick the top middle of the screen.  You do not have to push down on the glass, just touch it at the top and the progress bar will pop up.  From there you can push the bar where you want it to go and play from that point on.  I rescend my previous complaint.  The programmers at RIM did give us the ability, they just did not tell us how it worked.
Message Edited by ryvincent on 12-25-2008 09:19 PM
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm

Re: Media Player Solution

This isnt working at all in .85!!!
Contributor

Sometimes when the media player doesn't work, its because your memory card is improperly formatted.

Reformatting it using the device did the trick for me. 

New Developer

Try 4.7.0.99, you will see the progress bar, I did.

But wait, it completely randomizes where it restarts even if bar says

it is playing say at 27:44, it actually is starting from beginning!

I mostly listen to audio books and segments are 45-60 minutes

long (MP3), and it completely screws up. It also screws up when

the notification (message, phone ring, etc.) arrives, it stops playing

and restarts (after a ding or say phone conversation) and the

progress bar says where it left off but it is actually playing from

beginning.

HELP...HELP....