Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

MediaSync Not Working Following Update

I just downloaded the newest MediaSync and it won't bring up my list from iTunes.

The Desktop Manager connects to my Storm, but that's about as far as it goes.

Any ideas?

Super Contributor

Re: MediaSync Not Working Following Update

Can anyone get this to work???

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Sorry Dankees -  I don't use iTunes so I'm unable to help.  My suggestion is that if you're having problems, uninstall this version and go back to the previous version if that worked for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Super Contributor

How do I revert it back?
Contributor

I had a problem with the upgrade on my Bold.  Media Sync would end abnormally, and the DM would freeze and require an "end task" to exit.

I did an uninstall using add/remove programs and reinstalled the upgrade and it worked fine after that.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Dankees, uninstall the program from your computer, restart your computer to ensure it's fully removed, then redownload from the BlackBerry site.  You can usually select different versions by scrolling down the list.  Ideally, you 'd want to get the one from your carrier (Verizon), but you don't need to.  Here's the link: LINK.  Select the second one down - the one with the Media Manager.

I hope that helps.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Super Contributor

I don't get it. I uninstalled both programs, restarted, and reinstalled, but that didn't work. Then, I uninstalled it again and installed the Desktop Manager separately from the MediaSync and it still would not start up and had an error message. I don't get it - it used to work and now it won't...? (PS - That link above didn't work.)
New Contributor

Danks,

have you tried to enable mass storage mode and then copy and paste the filles onto the memory card. This should be a easy and efficent way to avoid the problem.

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

I can do that, but how do I get my playlists on there?