Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Menu Key not working

rileyrg wrote:

I'm interested in this minute thing. Does that really trigger a longer reboot than 10 seconds with the battery out? Not when I tried.

(packed in : not working. No click. No menu. Nothing.)

Indeed it does. With power on and removing the battery, it should take around 5 minutes to reboot.

If the button is doing nothing at all, then you have a hardware issue, requiring hand's on warranty evaluation.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
un1q3
My Device: Not Specified

i have a simular problem but there was some water droped on the fone everything als is still fine apart from the menu key thats not working any1 have any sugestions??
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

un1q3 wrote:
i have a simular problem but there was some water droped on the fone everything als is still fine apart from the menu key thats not working any1 have any sugestions??
In rice we trust.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/search?submitted=true&type=message&sort_by=score&advanced=tr...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
niposs
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Student

Hey, I've too the same problem.

My Menu key is not working sometimes, mutually the menu goes crazy like it's pressing itself about 20 times and I cant stop it,  eventually it stops and it's working perfect for a while then there we go again...I don't know what the hell is going on!!! It may has dust in there or something...

Please use plain text.
araratch
My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: Bell

I have the same problem. How did you get it fixed?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

araratch wrote:

I have the same problem. How did you get it fixed?

with rice.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
mblackett
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Rogers

My back button sint working. it makes the phone come up. I cant end any calls. Have done battery pull. My screen was cracked i replaced it then when I turned it on the buttons aren't working. I have updated all my software. I have done a wipe of the phone. HELP! Oh I also replaced the keypad and still does the same thing.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Spikes45
My Device: 9380 Curve
My Carrier: Cell C

I had (or maybe still have, will see during the day) of a dead menu button on the BBCurve 9380 Pulling the battery on live phone did not work. Until my wife called me for breaksfast, just after I pulled the battery. 15 Minutes later battery back and boot-up. Menu key is now fine , gives full menu in any app screen and just the active apps with a long press

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
hadimaryuni
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: student

I have same problem with 9860, menu key and escape button not working, it's make me creazy

I think this common problem with BB divice, so many people love BB to much, but if this common problem not solving by RIM

People will change to another smart phone, hopply reply from RIM for this problem

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Spikes45
My Device: 9380 Curve
My Carrier: Cell C

Touch wood:Clap: The menu key is still working AND i must have tried it 100 times today

Please use plain text.