Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
mwvlaw2k3
My Device: 9350 Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Missing Themes option and touch sensitivity is strange..Sticky swiping

Just bought 2 new blackberry storm 9350 one from Amazon and one from ebay for my husband. Both arrived new in their individual boxes. One was made in Canada (Amazon), and one was made in Mexico (ebay). The one made in Canada does not have options to choose different themes.  That is my main concern.  

A second strong concern is  the touch sensitivity is really sticky on the one from Canada.  The touch sensitivity is real nice on the one from Mexico.  I set touch sensitivity exactly the same on each, but the Canadian one is not nice at all swiping is really sticky. 

Note:   This is my 3rd blackberry storm, and my husband's 2nd.  These 2 are not acting quite like the earlier ones.

3rd issue is that The one from Canada did not come with a charger...Only the adapters for foreign outlets but no charger to plug them into.  It did come with a manual and cds. However the one from Mexico did not come with a manual or cds (luckily I have one from the other box)

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA

Re: Missing Themes option and touch sensitivity is strange..Sticky swiping

If the phones were used,some themes might have gotten deleted during the ESN wipe, as far as the sticky touchscreen, that could be anything from a dirty screen to a software glitch, remember, os 6 comes with 2 themes. Ether way i reccomend installing BlackBerry descktop software and reloading the current software, you can do this by clicking update, and then click install. Download this ONLY AT THE OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY WEBSITE, WHILE THE PHONE IS UPDATING DO NOT USE IT OR DISCONNECT IT FROM THE COMPUTER< THIS WILL RUIN YOUR BLACKBERRY! This should help if not please reply

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

This is a partial duplicate:

But, given the additional information in this thread, I would deduce that the condition of at least one, and perhaps both, of the devices is not "new"...rather, a used device that has been carefully repackaged so as to deceive the purchaser into thinking they have bought a truly new device.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mwvlaw2k3

Thanks, Do I need to activate the phone service first? I have not switched from my current phone to the new one yet.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

Yes, you will need to activate it first or else it will not update correctly
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mwvlaw2k3

Thanks, I assume I need to go to the Verizon store to do that.   One of the 2 new phones lists TMobile inside, but is supposed to be a Verizon phone.  When I purchased the material said that it was unlocked.  I am not sure what that means.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

You actually don't have to go to the verizon store to activate them, you can call a number then read something from the back of the phone, I am sorry, but you can't use the one that is the t mobile phone, verizon has diffrernt cellular bands, so you should return that one. Unlocked means you don't have to have a 2yr contract to activate the phone.
Please use plain text.