Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Movies for your Blackberry Storm!

odie1718 wrote:

Hello there, I tried your steps to get movies to load and play on my blackberry storm and I keep getting an error message that the file form is not supported when I try and play the movie on my storm.  I have also tried downloading the codec files and nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Well, there are 4 pages to this thread with multiple contributors, so I'm not sure who you are referring to in your post. Can you describe more about exactly what you attempted (details, please) so that we can more quickly help you out?

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Sorry, I was trying Califjewls steps to get movies from the ZML.com website.  I have also tried other methods to get MP4 movies to load on my Storm.  I can get the movie on the phone but it will not play, giving me a format not supported error.  Only once was I able to get a movie to load and play but it was only about one inch square!  I am SERIOUSLY frustrated with this thing and trying to get this figured out.

I have tried the drag and drop method and using the Roxio software to convert and load, neither work.

Thanks, Odie1718

New Contributor
My Device: Storm - 9500
My Carrier: o2

[ Edited ]

Hello i was just wondering if any body has tried blackberrymoviemachine.com?? If so would you recommend it??

Thank you

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Emanuela wrote:

Hello i was just wondering if any body has tried blackberrymoviemachine.com?? If so would you recommend it??

Thank you

there is a monthly fee of 2.99USD. I don't see any page explaining the legal terms of the service. In my opinion this is a pirate website... that furthermore tries to get gullible people's money !

That does not really work anyway, their Twitter account has only 20 followers (half of what I have).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Visitor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

I think it's important to verify what others are offering.  I found this comment at PayPal at  https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Online-safety/Beware-Movie-bitvideo2-or-ZML-download-company-a-c...

Beware.... Movie (bitvideo2 or ZML) download company a complete rip off. 

I signed up for a .99 one day trial. The site immediately started with pop ups for a premium upgrade service. When I clicked to get rid of the pop up they imediately billed my paypal mastercard. I immediately cancelled and requested a refund. They replied with an email saying I won't be rebilled again next month, no refund. Below is a site where others have complained about similar experiences.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/zml.aspx?p=3

In reading Bitvideo2's "terms and condictions" I found this reference, which does not instill confidence: "6.1 All materials presented on this site are available for the distribution over the Internet in accordance with the license of the Russian Organization for multimedia and Digital Systems (ROMS)".  !!??

Now I'm confused and don't know what to think. 

Highlighted
My Device: Storm 9530

[ Edited ]

You may have noticed this "ZML" website has been shut down by the gov't.