Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

My Device: Not Specified

Multi-tap Predictive?

I got this phone yesterday and when imputing text i was able to use the multi tap keyboard layout with a predictive text feature ie like sure type but with the multi tap layout. I can not for the life of me work out how to turn the predictive feature back on .... Any Ideas?

Cheers

Contributor

Re: Multi-tap Predictive?

^^ I actually hate the predictive text in the Sure Type and the QWERTY keyboard. How did you turn it off?
Contributor

That was the BIG issue for me, and now its fixed!! This is what another post said to do.

ok

my blackberry storm HAS the t9 working at the moment ( NOT suretype ! - t9 is 9 keys with predictive text - similar layout to multitap)

these are the settings... - try this and it might work for you ... go device options

in the input options  > predictive input enabled,

spell check enabled

sCREEN/ KEYBOARD settings - portrait view keyboard > multitap on

Visitor

It is totally beyond my comprehension , how someone at RIM can think up a scheme, were 90 % of all third party applications available for the Storm  can only be viewed in portrait and can only be typed with multytap or suretype. Just one question to all you Storm afficionados out there....have you ever been stranded on  an Island with only yourself  , your Storm and a Battery on its last leg....??Just kidding but I would like to know how many of you can enter  words like s.o.s or HELP in under 20 seconds.... 
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hey goatboy... this isn't RIMs fault, this is because the developers haven't yet come out with application upgrades that are fully compatible with the Storm.  Some developers are making the upgrade, but there's still a ways to go for most.  If you have a problem with an application, contact the developer and ask them for an ETA for when they intend to complete the upgrade.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!