Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
rsmith1015
My Device: Not Specified

Multiple Issues with Blackberry Storm

Going on my 3rd Storm, once verizon sends me a new one.

1. Every storm I receive people have diffuiculty hearing me.. very muffled and echo.  I switch to my blackberry curve and people can hear me clear as a whistle.  I had verizon tech reps say that they couldnt hear me as well.. They called me on my Curve and it was clear as a whistle. 

2. Both storms I had go into a snow screen just like when you change the channel to a non working channel.  There are times it comes back up after a few and there are times i have to pull the battery.

3. The touchscreen is so delay (sporatically).  It takes me 4 or 5 times to answer a call.. I have to click and keep clicking the answer button.   There are times I pull the devices out of my pocket when getting to work and it takes 2-3 minutes to even react to touch or switch to portrait or landscape and vice versa.

4. Sometimes the touch is way off.. I click the q button and the n hits and so forth.. even on the icons for the different options.. I will click on thing and something else will highlight and so forth.  Sometimes if i click on something the icon thats highlighted will open up..

There are many other quirks and issue I hope get resolved as time goes by...

I have called tech support hrs upon hrs.. ..they give me the dsame BS .. back up restore do you have version .75 installed.. I have done all this.. restored.. pulled the battery... changed settings.. did a mastrer clear.. all to no aval.

I want to make the storm work but its so aggravating the hell out of me.. everytime I call into verizon and speak with a tech support or manager they never hear of these issues.. meanwhile i can search them online.

Does anyone in this forum know?  Do people from Blackberry check this site?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Multiple Issues with Blackberry Storm

Have you searched this forum for similar issues? Others are having the same as you in some cases. Meanwhile, there are just as many who are not having these issues (my personal 9530 is not).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
dean0uga

while the storm doe take some getting used to and some of the problems such as selecting the wrong button at times - is apart of this, the other issues you are having sound like hardware problems with the phone - I havent had anyone complain that they cant hear me unless I am on speakerphone - which is normal. The snow screen problem happens to some people on a rare occasion, so hopefully this will get sorted out iwth your 3rd storm. It has taken many 3 returns to get the right one... they do say 3rd time is a charm! Hope this information was helpful
New Contributor
rsmith1015

I havent gotten a chance to search the site yet.. I have searched google to know aval..
New Contributor
rsmith1015

I pretty use to the touch screen and it def takes some time to get use to but when I say I touch one icon i mean in the top left corner and the bottom right icon opens.. same thing with typing.. I click the q and the m hits.. My finger is no where near the m..

and yes i do have fat fingers but not that fat ha ha

Contributor
dean0uga

sounds like bad luck so far... sorry about that, I am not having this problem. I'm sure the new storm will be just right
New Contributor
rsmith1015

Yes.. but very frustrating.. I have 3 other friends that are going on number three as well.. Does blackberry know what the hell is going on?  Do you know if they actual check these forums? 

Im sure there are alot of people that dont have these issue but right now.. IM sure half the people just return the phone and the other half dont bother and just deal with it.. Does Blackberry have a link that shows all the current issues they are working on? 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

rsmith1015 wrote:

Yes.. but very frustrating.. I have 3 other friends that are going on number three as well.. Does blackberry know what the hell is going on?  Do you know if they actual check these forums? 

Im sure there are alot of people that dont have these issue but right now.. IM sure half the people just return the phone and the other half dont bother and just deal with it.. Does Blackberry have a link that shows all the current issues they are working on? 

And the other half is using the device and enjoying it, working well. 

Wait, that is three halves. Can't be. My bet is that Verizon has not had half the devices returned. Of course, you and I don't know the exact numbers/percetages, but I am pretty certain it is not half.

Yes, I am betting RIM is aware of issues with this device. I don't know that for a fact, but it is my bet. 

Yes, RIM techs do read this (and other) forums out there. 

No, I don't know of a link that BlackBerry has showing all current issues.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
breganoc

I had the same sound quality problems and a poster gave me this advice which helped a lot it expands the roaming signal and it appears to make it the signal stronger no more complaints that they can't here me.

if your on vzw dial *228 then send then select option 2.

might resolve both of your issues.

raptors123

Hello, recently i purchased a Blackberry storm. Im having this issue where none of the buttons on my phone are working anymore. Also the touch pad itself is not working, which stops me from unlocking my phone and entering the password  to get into the main menu. I purchased the phone on ebay, and it was used. Ive had it for approx 3 weeks now, and i dont know what to do from here. My phone is fully charged and i have tried taking the battery out and restarting but it still seems  to be having problems. Please help!