Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
theprisoner666
My Device: Not Specified

Music volume muffled and fluctuates after a notification.

Hi guys

Is anyone else getting a problem with their music volume after receiving a notification? When I listen to music and receive a text, an email, a call, or anything else that makes a 'noise', the music comes back on muffled and it keeps fluctuating in volume. I first thought it was the audio boost giving problems, so I started to listen to music without it on, but it has done it again even when I'm not using the audio boost. Anyone else getting this? Found a solution? The only way to get it back to normal is a battery pull. I've got the latest firmware update as well (4.7.???). Any suggestions are gratefully received.

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
thundergeek
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Re: Music volume muffled and fluctuates after a notification.

Hello theprisoner666,

I think in your situation you should look into reloading the software on the device. Just make sure you back up your data before proceeding so you can have a copy of it. Of course the application loader will take of this for you by default. 

1)  Here is how you back up your device. 

2)  Here is how you reload the software cleanly on the device (Alternatively, Here is an article on how to use the Web-Based software loader) 

3)  Here is how you restore your data to the device if it is not backed up automatically

-tg

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.