Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
Mikki220
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

My Storm is eating my text messages

Hi, Fellow Blackberry Users! For the past month, when someone sends me a text message, I only get their name and a blank space and later a call or an email (Didn't you get my text?). I have a lot of saved messages. My provider tells me that I will have to delete these in order to get more texts. It is going to take me 2 days to send them all to my email so that I can free up space on my phone. Is there a way to get the saved message folder onto my memory card instead of my device? I am using the desktop software to back up my information but will that restore my saved messages if I delete them (I had to create a new backup folder so that this one would not overwrite the previous one as they are titled by device; I also have a second line for another person that is a Torch). My media card was not formatted so I have never been prompted to save anything to it. I have 845 MB of free space on my phone and my media card is pristine and unused, 7 GB. Is there anything I can do? To get a text message in sooner than the 2 days of hard work it will take me to go into each conversation and send, go to another and send, go to another and send, then delete everything?

Please use plain text.