Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
Mystorm2gimmeheadache
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

My Storm2 all physical buttons are not functioning properly ???

Hi,

Is there any one could help me how to fix a problem I've got with my Storm 2, which all the physical buttons (Green & red phone buttons, Menu and Return buttons. Also with the On/Off button and Left & Right Convenience keys.

I had uninstall (downgrade) & re-install (upgrade) the OS through the Desktop Manager, but stil could not fix this problem at all.

Many thanks for your help.

Ari

Indonesia - PIN: 320D3E1E

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: My Storm2 all physical buttons are not functioning properly ???

Is there a chance the device got wet? Problems like the one you describe are often due to moisture inside the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mystorm2gimmeheadache

Thank you for the clue John. 

However, If so, then what is your further suggestion for me to fix this problem? 

Again, thanks for your advice...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Remove the battery and place the device in a warm place for a few days, such as on top of a warm piece of stereo or electronic equipment or place the device in a bag of uncooked rice. Give it a few days to dry out and then try it again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mystorm2gimmeheadache

Thanks a lot John.  I will try then

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mystorm2gimmeheadache

Unbelieveable, just after less than an hour I left my phone under the sunshine, now all the buttons back to normal John... Sorry I modify a bit your trick, in order to get a faster result...

So much thanks to you John...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I would still recommend the bag of rice for a couple days. You could still run into the issues again.

Also, it really helps if you mark the actual post that contains the solution, not your own post saying the solution worked. Thanks!
Please use plain text.