Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry 9550 Storm 2

Not a Verizon BlackBerry - No Verizon Service

This past Christmas I bought a BlackBerry Storm2 9550 from IT&E on Guam. They provide Verizon Service. The salesperson ensured me that the phone was unlocked and could be used anywhere.

In June of this year,  I cancelled my service with IT&E/Verizon due to us moving to Hawaii. In July I went to the local Verizon store to get new service for my BlackBerry but they were unable to do this due to my phone being on a "restricted list". I contacted IT&E and after 2 weeks they called me and said I would now be able to get new service in Hawaii. Well, this wasn't the case. I repeated the whole procedure 2 more times where I tried to get service, but couldn't and contacted IT&E again and again.

IT&E then told me that there was something wrong with my phone that they could not fix and asked me to mail my BlackBerry back to them - they would then send me a replacement.

After waiting patiently for 3 weeks, i finally received my new BlackBerry yesterday ( 30 Sep). Today I went to Verizon to get service transferred from my temp phone to my BlackBerry. After entering the phone code in the system, the salesperson told me my phone was restricted and I would have to call Verizon to get service tranferred. I called Verizon  and they told me they could not do it either because my BlackBerry isn't a Verizon BlackBerry.

So, what do I do now? Did IT&E sell me some counterfit phone? What can I do to get service with Verizon? Send it back to Guam for another replacement? Any help is greatly appreciated.