Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
Km4544
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Number of Icons in Home Screen.

Ok, This one is driving me crazy. Right now, I have 3 rows of 4 icons on my homescreen.  I am trying to find out how to reduce the number of rows. I have seen previous comments from other forums that to change the number of icons rows on your home screen you just need to hit your BB button  (it will open up all your icons) hit BB button again and hit "options". This will lead you to the menu to change the number of rows showing on your homescreen. However, When I hit "options" it takes me right back to the screen with all my icons. There is a icon highlighted on the icon screen. It seems like that is screwing me up? Any ideas? Sorry for the novel.

Columbus Mazda

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: Number of Icons in Home Screen.

You can hide Icons if you pres the menu button and go to hide, and make sure that show all is not checked, thats how I organize my desktop on my bb

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Km4544

There is a way to limit the number without hiding them. I have seen the menu screen before.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

highlight a icon

press the bb key

press options 

here you will see the option to set the homescreen layout

if i helped, give me kudos :smileyhappy:

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Km4544

Sorry. I am still having the same problem. When i hit options it just returns me to the icon screen. It doesn't open up the menu. I got it to work once as I was "helping" someone find this menu. It worked when there wasn't an ICON highlighted.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dean0uga

sounds like you might need to reload the OS :smileysad:, back up your device and reload the OS... other than that, I dont know if theres a solution... sounds like a glitch, sorry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Km4544

I don't think I can give Kudos to myself but it was a glitch that required me to pull the battery and reset. My Dad was having the exact same problem so either its a genetic thing or there is a little glitch in the system. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Planter

[ Edited ]

I'm having a similar problem arranging icons on the home screen.

Some time ago I was able to bring up the homescreen menu and change from the default icon row layout (from 2 rows to  three ) but now I cannot go back.

I can no longer bring up the proper homescreen menu by using the  BB key, options, etc..

Message Edited by Planter on 12-24-2008 06:12 PM
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sanjivp99
My Device: Verizon BB Strm 9530

You can also CREATE your own folder like "UNUSED" and use the MOVE or MOVE TO FOLDER option and move unused icons to that folder.  You can also RE-ARRANGE the locations by using the MOVE option that is in the MENU list.
..sp
Thanks for clicking on KUDOS if this solved your problem!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
layne_owen

It appears that this is a glitch. You can only go to this menu once without having to pull the battery.  I am new to the forum and BB.  Is there a way to submit this to BB to get resolved in the next software update?
Please use plain text.