Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone UK
Accepted Solution

OS 5 upgrade stops while downloading modules

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I'm trying to upgrade from OS 4.7 to OS 5.0 on my Storm. I've done OS upgrades before so I know the process, but every time the Desktop Manager gets to downloading module 304 of 358, it won't go any further. Has anyone got any advice?

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: OS 5 upgrade stops while downloading modules

Are you doing an automatic web update?

If so, try downloading the OS manually from your carrier and use Loader.exe found in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader to install to the device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: OS 5 upgrade stops while downloading modules

[ Edited ]

Thanks John, this worked for me - FINALLY! I also deleted the vendor.xml file from the same Program Files folder as I'd downloaded the OS from a different carrier. But launching the update through Loader.exe worked like a charm.