Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Official Verizon BlackBerry Storm Device Software Upgrade

I have to say, I gave up on an "official" release, I was following a thread on another site and decided to try the .113 leak.
It is NOT "a whole new phone" and things still could be better.
People have said that between .75 and .113 that it is like night and day (but I don't think so)
I have never had any major problems that others seem to have, so maybe this is why I don't notice any major improvements.
But I see some things I like:
  • Full qwerty keyboard in portrait mode (even my big thumbs seem to do ok with it)
  • selecting text is easier
  • playing and selecting spots on video seems better (or maybe I just figured it out, I would still like to see a fastforward button and rewind button, that would allow me to move forward and see the video rather than jumping ahead)
  • Accelerometer seems like it may be a little smoother
  • The custom theme now supports the folder header (before it just stayed black, to match the OEM theme)
  • The ligtsaber sound used to not work and now it does (no big deal but, I noticed it)
Just my 2 cents worth
Regular Contributor

thanks for that post cortecds, i was planning on holding out for the official and your post convinced me to keep holding out.  ive had no major problems although i do see room for improvement.  hopefully by the time its official it will be "night and day"
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm2 9550

what is this? thanks

• The ligtsaber sound used to not work and now it does (no big deal but, I noticed it)

•  

Storm2 9550 SC, USA
    Solutions: 6,112
    My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
    My Carrier: Verizon

ala StarWars...

http://www.blackberrynews.com/2009/02/07/grab-your-storm-and-become-the-star-wars-kid/

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
    2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
    3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
    4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
    BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
    PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
    Knowledge Base Updates
    PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
    Regular Contributor
    My Device: Storm2 9550

ahhh.

Cool, thanks for the response and the link.
    Storm2 9550 SC, USA
    Contributor
    My Device: Storm 9530 OS .75 Verizon

I was in Verizon tonight and the associate (who owns a Storm) that assisted me said that the official OS update was due March 23rd, well obviously that did not happen, but I am optimistic that is coming very very soon...I sure hope so!
    Solutions: 6,112
    My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
    My Carrier: Verizon

califjewls wrote:
    I was in Verizon tonight and the associate (who owns a Storm) that assisted me said that the official OS update was due March 23rd, well obviously that did not happen, but I am optimistic that is coming very very soon...I sure hope so!

lol, I can promise you this, the CSRs in the stores have no accurate information on when OS upgrades will be released. 

It was also 'promised' on April 1. Didn't happen.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
    2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
    3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
    4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
    BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
    PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
    Knowledge Base Updates
    PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
    Regular Contributor

...and March 31, March 27, March 21...Jan 1...people need to stop guessing and just let it happen

The above thought is smart and doesn’t require any further addition.
    It’s perfect thought from my side.
    Amy Cooper
    [url=http://www.currencyconverter247.com]Currency Converter[/url]
    New Contributor

I gave up waiting for Verizon and finally installed the leaked .113 OS.  So far so good.  The best is that it finally fixed my Bluetooth issue (posted a long time ago) where I would loose the Bluetooth connection when using the speed-dial (it sent the audio back to the phone itself).  This sounds silly, but it drove me nuts, as I had to either scroll through the contacts to dial out (dangerous when driving), or use the voice-dial.  Since I have an accent, that did not always work as intended.  This led to a few awkward calls that would go like "oh, hey, uhm... so how are you?" 

Anyway, hopefully Verizon releases the official version soon for those who do not wish to go through the hassle of installing the leaked version.