Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Official Verizon BlackBerry Storm Device Software Upgrade

I have an unlocked 9530 running on AT&T network, can I upgrade using this? Will it lock my device?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

@adamsmith : you can securely upgrade your device. Please read instructions here :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-Syste...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Visitor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

DO NOT do this upgrade!!! This has been the worse upgrade RIM has Released for the Storm 1. Not only was it causing my unlock/lock button to not work, I had to hard reset 1-2 times a day, it caused white bars on the sides of the screen that never fixed even after the update for the update was released, but it caused dropped calls and missed alerts that never happened ever before! I swear if RIM does not get things together and actually come out with a stable, and min. Operating system for the Storm's in July when the 4G IPhone comes out for the Verizon network I am switching to the Iphone or heck after the past month of frustration with the 5.0 version I will go to a Motorola Driod.

Blackberry/RIM Please get things together I have been a blackberry diehard for 8 years now and I would hate to switch but with the competition getting so much further ahead and 5 times more stable and reliable it is really hard not to want to switch,

My Device: Storm 9500

I just lost all contacts after 5.0 upgrade.  It NEVER asked me to back up....I was told by Verizon store to plug in (first time) and lost over 200 contacts....they told me it's Blackberry's fault.  Searched for *.ipd file on hard drive of PC not there.  Guess they are really gone????  Am leaving VERIZON for good.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)

I'm not understanding how you not having a backup file is Verizon's fault?  It seems you're misplacing blame.  

Did you use Desktop Manager or did you do an Over the Air update?

Highlighted
Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon

Performing regular routine backups is only common sense. Performing a backup prior to an upgrade is a must. Verizon didn't perform the upgrade. They provided the OS for the owner to chose to upgrade to or not. There are some assumptions made one being that the owner would backup data on the device.
Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!