Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: BB Storm 9500
My Carrier: Econet
Accepted Solution

Opera4 won't work on my Storm 9500

I installed OM4 on my Storm 9500 but when opening it displays 'The application Oper Mini has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would like to allow this?' twice and then the application will not connect to internet. The phone is displaying 'edge' only. I do not have BIS in my country.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Opera4 won't work on my Storm 9500

Hello,

One thing you left out was how you responded to the message you received. Did you say yes or no? Twice?

Anyway, it may be that your BB, which I am guessing you acquired 2nd hand, was not properly prepared for your usage by the prior owner. Please review:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Further, it's possible that they had this BB associated with BES, and did not remove the IT Policy...review:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

Further still, are your voice-level services working fine? And can you find a WiFi network to see if Opera will work via that (as a test please)?

Please let us know the results of your review of all of the above, with details.

Thanks!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor
My Device: BB Storm 9500
My Carrier: Econet

Thanks for the advice. Am now enjoying my Storm
Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...but...please "pay it forward" by posting the specific things that solved it for your situation. I provided a number of possibilities, but can't tell which worked. Others in the future will benefit if you post your specifics.

Thanks!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.