Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Outlook Calendar Not Syncing with Storm

I just got the Storm and am having problems syncing the Calendar. At first it would sync the tasks, contact and memos but not the calendar. After deleting a few things, CICAL I believe, it started to sync. Under Options > Default Services I have 3 drop down options under Calendar (CICAL): me@home, me@work and Facebook. If I choose either my work or home e-mail address, when I do the sync it wants me to delete all of the existing calendar entries in Outlook. How do I set it up so that it will add all of the entries on my BB to my Outlook and any new Outlook entries to my BB.

I have read many of threads on this but am unable to figure it out. Some other info:

BIS

v4.7.0.122 (platform 4.0.0.153)

Any help would be great.

Regular Contributor

Re: Outlook Calendar Not Syncing with Storm

go to your service books, in options/ advanced options, and delete the facebook CICAL!

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,072
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

In your Desktop Manager > Sync settings, select the configuration option and set the sync to "Computer Wins" so that the Outlook items will transfer over.

You can leave the [CICAL] Facebook service book where it is. This has nothing to do with this issue.

In your Options > Advanced > Default services, do select the email address profile you wish to use for your calendar.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I tried both and to no avail. I then deleted all 3 CICALs and it still didnt work.

When I was syncing it says "Reading from Device Calendar Record xxx of 118 Records"

then "Reading from Microsoft Outlook Calendar Record xxx of 849 Records"

It then says:

The following changes from Calendar Device will be applied to your Microsoft Outlook data in Calendar: 56 Deletion(s) 17 Addition(s)

The following changes from Calendar Microsoft Outlook will be applied to your device data in Calendar 17 Changes(s)

The problem is I dont want it to delete any entries, I want them all on both the Storm Calendar and the Outlook Calendar. I had no problem doing this on my old BB.

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I had the same exact problem and I followed joecool's advice and went one step further to delete all the CICAL (Yahoo, Facebook etc.)service book entries and then whadda ya know...next time I sync'd...everything perfect - back to syncing with my Outlook. Thanks joecool!

Message Edited by hardkor74 on 05-19-2009 06:27 PM
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

The problem has to do with the Facebook app.  This is a known issue that is supposedly being worked on.  Installing the Facebook app and disabling the Facebook Calendar during setup also prevents this problem from happening.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Visitor

hi there, i have taken out all the CICAL out of my storm and it synched perfectly afterwards. but then, the next day i can't sync my calendar again and this is because the Facebook CICAL suddenly appeared again! so i went and deleted it again - and have cleaned all the CICAL again from my service book - but it still does not sync. anyone knows what'd happened?

New Contributor

Similar/or same issue. After a sync, which prior to this has not had any issues, was prompted to update a core application from BB.  After that some of my appointments became outlined in green & some in blue.  Didn't pay close attention before that and think they were all blue outlined.  I don't care what color they are, except it would be nice to know what it means.  The ISSUE is that the ones now outlined in green have disappeared from my Outlook calendar:-{

I have since found 'Select Calendars' > 'Calendar Options' revealing Device Default (green) & my email account (blue).  That seems to point me to where the colors are coming from, but I don't know how it got that way, what it means or how to remedy so that the appointments show up in my Outlook Calendar.

Looked in Advanced Options>Service Book for the Facebook CICAL but only find Facebook VPL [BrowserConfig].  CICAL & CMIME are my email account.

It's a GOOD life,

Tug