Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Sierra1
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Owners Lounge Question

The IMEI on my BlackBerry Storm does not have enough digits to enter the Owners Lounge. Apparently there needs to be 18 digits and mine only has 17 digits. I've counted the digits to be sure in both the inside of the device and on the Status screen. What can I do to join?
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Owners Lounge Question

Check again, the IMEI should be in a format of:

Make sure you have the periods (dots). They sometimes hard to see.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

The IMEI is either 15 or 18 digits long.

Specify only numbers. Do not specify dots nor anything except numbers.

New Contributor
newposting

I have  the same problem! When I clicked on the "what is this" link in the Owners Lounge Set Up screen for the IMEI number location, it asks you to remove the battery to locate it - completely not the case for the Storm 9530. There is no IMEI number on the product box either. I have a MEID HEX number that has the wrong amount of characters; a SIM ID number also with the wrong amount of characters; and an MEID DEC number. That number is fairly long. I'll try that next. Does any one know which number it is and has anyone with the Storm 9530 successfully created an online account? I'd really like to manage my email...

Also, how in the world can I contact RIM directly to alert them that they need to update the Owners Lounge page to accommodate the Storm?

Thanks 

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

It works just fine with the Storm.  Just go to Options > Status.  The IMEI number is the 5th line down (below your PIN).  And as stated above, don't include any of the decimal points.

Hope that works for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

By the way, what do you mean by manage your email?  That is a completely different thing - managing your email is done through your BlackBerry Internet Service (for personal email accounts) or BlackBerry Enterprise Server (for work accounts - assuming your work has a BES set up).  You can access that by going to the Setup icon on your phone and then Setup email, or do a Google search for your carrier name + BIS to set it up on your computer.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

MohA