Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
OfficeManager68
My Device: Storm

PHOTOS-my laptop does not recognize photos on my Storm

I need help figuring out why when I sync my Storm my photos are not recognized or transferred?

Thank you!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
katndog
My Device: Not Specified

Re: PHOTOS-my laptop does not recognize photos on my Storm

Mine are not transferring either.  How odd.  I know there are pics on there.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OfficeManager68

Without getting into it too long story short before the upgrade came out all I did was plug my phone into my computer and it asked me if I wanted to transfer pics and it did. Now it is saying there is nothing to be found. I have tried saving them to the media card or to the System, or to the Device Memory and nothing seems to be working. Now I have pics in different files on my phone but they won't transfer....!! When you go to help you get this long explaination of how to switch it to Mass Storage and I can't understand it.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You might want to try deleting all BBTHUMS.DAT files on the media card.

The .DAT files are merely reference files that allow the Blackberry to quickly find your media. 

If you use your PC make sure you set folders to "show hidden" when searching the media card.

You can also use the explore feature on the Blackberry.

Go to the main media screen, press menu, select explore. You will see the media card.

Go into each directory, menu key, show hidden, select the DAT file and delete it.

Once complete do a battery pull (or use Quickpull in installed) to restart the device.

Give the device at least 10 minutes to scan the media card and reindex the files.

See if your media is displayed.

If you are using the media manager program, you might want to try the following.

I find it much quicker, more efficient, and no program restrictions.

Attach the USB to the BB and the PC. Don't use desktop manager.

Go to "My Computer" on the PC and the media card will show as a flash drive.
Then you can "drag and drop" or cut and paste files to the media card
Use the following settings in the memory option of the Storm:
At the home screen, go to options, memory and set the following options:
Media card support ON

Encryption mode NONE

Media transfer protocol ON

Mass storage support ON

Auto enable Mass storage support when connected ON

Thanks,

Bifocals

Battery Pull:

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.
Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
katndog
My Device: Not Specified

I did the things that were described, deleted the BB.dat files, and no photos were still found.  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OfficeManager68

Ok so I enabled the Mass Storage deal and now it's working...but for some reason it only syncs what is in a folder called Up. The pics in the device memory have to be dragged over to the folder I want on my lap top. I didn't delete any of those files. It's a matter of logistics and finding someone to help us sort out what folders are what and where they are going. Did you load your Blackberry Desktop software? I uninstalled mine then installed again. I still have some folders in my Blackberry that I did not put there and it's separated the pics out...so I will have to mess with it. Let me know if you have questions maybe I can help.
Please use plain text.