Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR STORM USERS!

[ Edited ]
I have just gotten off of the phone with Verizon.
I addressed to them not only my "software" and "bug" issues with the phone,
but also my fellow BSCF members.

All-in-all, it was a big waste of breath!
The BB tech at VZW flat out said that they have no way of resolving any "software" issues with the storm.

He suggested that i contact rim directly, which I have already done, but they have not responded.

So, heres what im going to do..............

Im going to set up a "my storm has issues" email address that I will moderate and forward to both Verizon and Rim.
Think of it as a petition to fix the issues!

Just drop a email to:

mystormhasissues@hotmail.com

Be sure to include:

your first name and last initial
carrier name (vzw, voda etc)
all software related issues

Message Edited by jeff1974w on 12-30-2008 06:42 PM

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w

Re: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR STORM USERS!

bump bump bump:smileyhappy:

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raptor45
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Re: JUST SPENT 1 1/2 HOUR ON PHONE WITH VERIZON......................................

I really do not see the point of this. I'm quite certain RIM already knows there are bugs with the Storm and has a whole team of programers working to sort it out. It takes time to fix software; they can't just magically make all the problems go away. Spamming their customer support won't speed things up. If anything it will take away from the people who have real issues they need to contact RIM or Verizon with. Verizon has no control over the phone development, so complaining to them will get you nowhere.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Jamieinnh
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Re: JUST SPENT 1 1/2 HOUR ON PHONE WITH VERIZON......................................

raptor45 wrote:
I really do not see the point of this. I'm quite certain RIM already knows there are bugs with the Storm and has a whole team of programers working to sort it out. It takes time to fix software; they can't just magically make all the problems go away. Spamming their customer support won't speed things up. If anything it will take away from the people who have real issues they need to contact RIM or Verizon with. Verizon has no control over the phone development, so complaining to them will get you nowhere.

I wholeheartly agree.   This will do nothing to help the problem.   Grand standing and continuing to complain about 1st generation problems will do nothing to help the cause.

People posting their problems and trying to find solutions in this forum will help one of two ways.  1, either the problem will be solved through education, or the user will find it's not really a problem or 2, we will see a trend of problems that can't be fixed (RIM will see them too in this forum) and they will get fixed with new OS releases.

People need to understand this phone is only 1 month old, IT WILL HAVE PROBLEMS.   but they will be fixed.  If you don't believe so, or don't like the speed with which they are being fixed, find another phone or carrier.

Jamie - Very Happy with his Storm!

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

As if this board needs a spokesman. How ridiculous!

Concentrate on posting YOUR issues and worry about them.

The rest of the board can manage without your efforts. Thanks

Bifocals

PS. You're icon and constant begging for kudos's is both crass and unprofessional.

Message Edited by Bifocals on 12-31-2008 06:47 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
krazyrob1
My Device: Not Specified

Amen to that Bifocals! This is just what I was talking about when I wrote my public service announcement..... nice way to copy from me jeff....

The constant whinning and complaining needs to stop. It makes this forum seem very unprofessional and tacky like other bb forums. I feel like this should be the Top BB forum not the whinning board!

And jeff..... get over the whole kudos thing, stop trying to get votes like you are running for class president of your 5th grade class!

" if you can't weather a storm, then you shouldn't have one"
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w

well, for those who are posting here complaining about me wanting to do something about the storm can just sit there and do what your doing, and that is NOTHING!!!

How do you expect them to fix the issues with the storm if they dont know about them???

I have already recieved several emails from people who have read my post and they agree with me!

This is the U.S.A. and i have just as much right to voice my issues with RIM and VZW as you do to post here and bash me for doing so!

All I am trying to do is address the issues directly to them!

and to krazyrob1 i did not see your post and i appologize if you think i copied you!

and to bifocals refering to my aviatar, well id really tell you something but, i dont want to be banned from this site! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
techgeek

[ Edited ]
I have just gotten off of the phone with Verizon.
I addressed to them not only my "software" and "bug" issues with the phone,
but also my fellow BSCF members.
All-in-all, it was a big waste of breath!
The BB tech at VZW flat out said that they have no way of resolving any "software" issues with the storm.
He suggested that i contact rim directly, which I have already done, but they have not responded.
I actually work in the support dept as a lead and the information sorry to say is incorrect. Information on issues is being gathered and forwarded to RIM. Calling RIM is not required and it was poor support to suggest anyone should call RIM directly to voice there concerns with the OS. While some of the known issues has no resolution at this time info and cases are being gathered and sent to RIM on all the calls. While a majority of the issues is first time users and general education on how to use the RIM device correctly some current issues are noticed and being worked on if no resolution is found on general troubleshooting. I am sorry to  hear you spoke with someone that did not fill out a product form.
Creating a direct post to voice concerns over a product is not needed as there is a channel process in place to provide feedback to RIM. Keep in mind this process is only for offical releases of software only. Any leaked versions on the handset are not supported.
Message Edited by techgeek on 12-31-2008 11:31 PM
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
krazyrob1

kudos to that my friend..... 90% of these issues are due to the fact that people just dont know how to work the phone..... I like to call them "cool people" the ones who get the phone just to look cool...... I work in sales and I have seen this all the time
" if you can't weather a storm, then you shouldn't have one"
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
alonfed

With as much effort that has gone into the research, design, manufacture, distribution, and marketing of this phone, I find it very difficult to believe that RIM doesn't have several of the glaring issues in its sights and is working on upgrading the firmware to optimize performance. Based on how quickly .75 was released, and how the unofficial leaked releases have improved varying parameters, clearly RIM is on the ball, tackling some of the major issues.

While it's questionable whether this phone was ready for prime-time, I can understand why RIM wanted to get it in our hands prior to the holiday season. Right now, it's a dog-eat-dog cell phone market. Touch screens are all the rave. It's tough to find a reasonable competitor to the iPhone. Many other touch screens have a cheap and cheesy feel to them. The Nuvifone looks like it has incredible potential, but it will likely have a "Nuvi" price attached -- and it's not here now either.

Yes, we're all beta testers and it kinda sucks. But if the build is solid, it will handle the firmware upgrades. The phone certainly takes getting used to. It takes a decent mind to dive into it and do what you want with it. Personally, I have a feeling it's going to be solid. I would definitely like to get another OS upgrade before my trial period expires. That's my biggest concern right now. I'm not going to mess with leaked upgrades in the meantime either. 

I think this phone deserves more of a "let's wait and see" attitude. Give RIM the opportunity to impress us. I just hope RIM and Verizon give us enough time to experiment with the phone, provide a better OS, and build our confidence before our experimental phase expires. 

Please use plain text.