Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Palm Treo 650 to Storm

thanks fgringold i ended up using outlook and it worked for me. had trouble importing the data to outlook from palm desktop at first, but eventually had to pop in the palm desktop disk to make the switch to outlook. it is pretty easy to sync to bb from outlook. thanks for your help!
New Contributor

sorry to hear it didn't work out for you kitdesigns. i was pretty confused by the process upfront because i'm so used to working with my palm (this is my first bb). i found out that you can actually manage contacts/calendar on your desktop through outlook. since the successful sync, i'm been really impressed with the other features of the bb (esp. emailing with it).
New Contributor

charlene, i did use bb desktop with just about every possible configuration. i tried it with both devices plugged in, with both desktop managers running. i tried it with only the bb plugged in. i tried it syncing my palm just before the transfer. it looked simple enough at first, and the data started transfering but it just froze every time about a quarter of the way through.

maybe it's a vista thing. i dunno. nevertheless, bb desktop does sync with outlook and that was the simplest solution for me. thanks for your input everyone! goodluck!

New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.  I wish it had worked, but I tried to do the Outlok sync too and couldn't get it as an option.  I don't know why my system is different, but I spent about a week working on this stuff and finally just felt that it wasn't worth anymore time.  I'm going back to a Palm, buying it on ebay....
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530 Verizon

Sorry for those of you that had a problem transfering from Palm to BB. I am a die hard Palm Girl and believe me it took alot of thought to make that transition. However I am still keeping my palm connected...as a backup! As a nurse I have alot of med info on my palm,that Blackberry just does not support

Best of luck to all of you

Charlene

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

I totally hear you Nytnurse, I'm a PA in cardiology/EP and I was soo psyched when I heard Epocrates was gonna be on BB and now its not compatible with the storm..  I have been a Palm person like forever and I still have my Centro but it is sooo not business savy and with my new job my company either uses BB or the iphone.  And there is no way in hell I'd ever go to AT&T so I guess I'm just stuck.

I still havent gotten my storm yet but hopefully it will be a smooth transition.

Regular Contributor

Hi TProfit-- So far Skyscape is  the only site that is Blackberry compatible. eProcrates, and Merck are not, and who knows when or if they ever will in the near future. I have emailed them anyway!  I am loving the BBS, but I am not giving up my palm, and going to another carrier just ain't happening...I am staying with the devil I know!!

Hope you get yours soon and that the transition is a good one

Charlene

New Contributor

Hi Charlene. You are a very lucky person. I have done the exact same thing as you, but to no avail. I am rinning Vista business and the Palm Desktop Manager 6.2.1. Any tips? Thanking you in advance, Erick.
Regular Contributor

Hi ErickS

I am running Vista Home edition, and Palm desktop 4.1.4 .

What problem are you having?

Charlene

Contributor
My Device: STORM 9530

I HAVE READ THROUGH THIS THREAD I HAVE BEEN AT THIS FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS NOW AND STILL CANNOT GET THE CONTACTS ALL OF THEM FROM MY UNLOCKED TREO 650 SERVICE WAS WITH ATT TO MY BB STORM I AM NO LONGER WITH ATT BUT WITH A CDMA COMPANY.  GAVE UP ATT AFTER 30 YRS OF SERVICE AND WEEKS OF ARGUING.  BUT THAT IS BEHIND ME NOW.

OK I HAVE VISTA ... DOWNLOADED PALM DESKTOP 6.2 WAS ABLE TO GET THE CONTACT S-  ALL BUT THOSE ON MY SIM CARD TO TRANSFER TO THE PALM DESKTOP PROGRAM.

ALSO DOWNLOADED THE BB DESKTOP 4.7 SOFTWARE - CONNECTS WITH MY BB STORM WITH NO PROBLEM.

I COULD GET THE BB WIZARD TO THE POINT OF SELECTION TO GO FROM ANOTHER DEVICE TO THE BB, BUT AFTER CIVKING NEXT ALL OPTIONS WERE GREYED OUT.  SO AFTER GOING THRU THE FORIMS - SEEING OTHERS HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS, THE SOLUTION WAS TO UNINSTALL THE PALM DESKTOP 6.2 VERSION AND INSTALL AN OLDER VERSION 4.1.4

NOW THE PROBLEM.  THE PALM VS 4.1.4 DOES NOT WORK WITH VISTA, BUT DOES WORK WITH THE BB DESKTOP SOFTWARE WIZARD.  HOWEVER SINCE I CANNOT GET THE PALM TO SYCE WITH THE COMPUTER BECAUSE THE OLDER VERSION WILL NOT ALLOW THIS I AM NOW STUCK.

SO ....... I OPTED TO TRY THE OPTION OF TRANSFERRING MY CONTACTS TO THE PALM DESKTOP, THEN TO OUTLOOK - BUT I CANNOT GET ALL OF MY CONTACTS TO TRANSFER.  ANY CONTACTS THAT ARE ON MY SIM CARD ARE "LOCKED", "PROTECTED" HOWEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT THEY ARE STUCK ON THE SIM CARD AND I CANNOT GET THEM OFF.  I SPENT OVER 2 HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH PALM AND THE ONLY THING THEY COULD TALL ME IS TO MANUALLY ENTER 400+ CONTACTS ONTO THE BB STORM ....................LOL ------- RIGHT !!!

THERE HAS TO BE A WAY TO GET THESE PROTECTED CONTACTS OFF OF MY SIM CARD THAT IS ON MY PALM 650 AND THEN TRANSFER ALL CONTACTS TO MY BB STORM

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!