Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Password Keeper for Blackberry Storm 9530

I have Password Keeper on my BB Storm but have not used it yet.  Is it secure?  If it is, how secure is it?  How many entries can it take?   Any help would be appreciated.
Solutions: 6,097
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Password Keeper for Blackberry Storm 9530

Password Keeper is quite secure, like the password on your device, if you enter the password on your PK incorrectly after (I think) ten incorrect attempts, Password Keeper will delete all data within.

I don't know of a limit on the entries--I suspect that like the Address Book, it is limited only by your device memory.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi yitaf24,

Welcome aboard to BlackBerry Support Community.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

JSanders is correct.  If you input the incorrect password 10 times in a row, all of the stored passwords are wiped.

I've used the application and it's very useful if you have a lot of passwords to keep track of.  Like this, you only need to keep track of the one used on the main Password Keeper application.  Like you, I was skeptical and don't like to keep my passwords stored anywhere, but after trying it out, I'm no longer concerned with using it.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!