Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

My Device: Not Specified

Phone/Browser Questions

First time poster,,,YEARS of reading all the helpful tips,,,,Two questions that I have not been able to figure out and have been looking and looking,,,So if someone has already answered these questions,,,please accept my apology.

I am a farmer so these questions are kind of specific to the way I use the device. 

Phone rings in my holster,,,,I grab the phone,,,once I "touch" the screen OR push one of the buttons on the side the call is immediately answered.  Sometimes before I even see who is calling.

Question =  Is there a way to set the "storm" up where the ONLY way to answer the call is by pushing the green button ?

Browser,,,,Weather Radar images.

I was under the impression that with the "Storms" full HTML browser that I could see weather radar images "IN MOTION",,however I have not been able to do this,,,let me try to explain,,,some radar sites have "time lapse" radar images,,,I would like to watch these images and see the direction storms are moving.

Question = Is there a way to set up the browser where it will show me this motion ?  I have all "JAVA" applications turned on so I do not think that is it. 

Any help on these two subjects would be greatly appreciated. 

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Phone/Browser Questions

Thanks everyone! I really appriciate the help.  Maybe my questions just aren't tuff enough. 
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

lol.  Sorry to see that no one has been able to help, but it happens sometimes.  I've had plenty of posts unanswered so don't feel too bad.  Try posting at a later time.  I admit, I was stumped by your question.  I wish I could have helped.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Several

Shady,

First, into the phone application (phone log, dialer, whichever), press menu and go to options.  Under General Options, make sure that Auto Answer Calls is set to Never.  Sorry, but I don't know of a way to turn off the touch screen answering yet.

I am able to get radar images in motion from the National Weather Service by going to http://mobile.srh.weather.gov.  You can also go to the full site at http://www.weather.gov.  If these sites work for you, then the other sites may be using Flash or something else that doesn't agree with mobile browsers.  If these don't work, then it is the way your Storm's browser is configured.

Sorry for the delay, but I guess the really smart people don't hang out on the forums every day ;-)

Mark