Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Potentially stupid ? about the unofficial .83

I am due to receive my Storm today. If I choose to go with the unofficial .83 OS, do I need to start with the offiial .76 first and then upgrade, or can I go straight to the .83?

Thx!

Lisa

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: Potentially stupid ? about the unofficial .83

The .83 is not a official release and it is installed at your own risk (i.e. it could brick your phone)

i would just upgrade to .75 if your phone doesnt have it already and wait for the official release.

ldalvarado wrote:

I am due to receive my Storm today. If I choose to go with the unofficial .83 OS, do I need to start with the offiial .76 first and then upgrade, or can I go straight to the .83?

Thx!

Lisa

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Potentially stupid ? about the unofficial .83

There is no danger upgrading directly to the .83 release. There is very very little chance you will "brick" your phone, and should have issues doing the upgrade, I have never seen a BlackBerry that couldn't be revived from this.

.83 is .83. If it is even released at all by a carrier, there will be no difference at all in a their official release of .83.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code