Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problem Switching On!!

I just bought a Blackberry Storm 9530 and as I was using it the phone suddenly switched off.  As I was thinking that the battery was drain out, I have plugged it to charge.

During charnging, the LED just flashes red (long) and then pause (for a while) and then flashes again in red.  Then I tried switching the phone on, and it just wouldn't switch on again.

Need help!!!

Solutions: 6,263
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problem Switching On!!

First off, remove the battery and reinsert it to reboot.

If still a problem, or you get a white screen with a "no battery" symbol, Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

If it doesn't boot--try using a wall outlet charger if you are not. If you are connected via USB to the PC, make certain that you have Desktop Manager (or the USB device drivers) installed, which you can download below.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the response, but I have tried charging the phone (though the wall charger) and still the light just keeps on flashing.  Tried the soft rest by removing the battery and putting it back again but still nothing.

Screen is just blank and the LED just keeps on flashing.

greasemonkey wrote:

Thanks for the response, but I have tried charging the phone (though the wall charger) and still the light just keeps on flashing.  Tried the soft rest by removing the battery and putting it back again but still nothing.

Screen is just blank and the LED just keeps on flashing.

Ok, by  "blank" you mean "black" or "white"?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

I had the same problem as greasemonkey does. I put my phone in the charging cradle to charge over night. Well I woke up and phone was "OFF" so I turned it on and all I got was a slow blinking red LED and a blank white screen, first thought was my phone had "bricked" after pushing my heart back down in place. I tried just letting it sit in charger and after about 30 min it rebooted. I guess it did not make a good charging connection and fully drained the battery.

I have read on here about people having charging issues and most of them that had major problems like this one turned out it was a bad charging port on the phone it's self. Sounds like the same symptoms I had with a completely dead phone. I just wonder if the charger or the charging port on the phone is bad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

The screen is black!!
Highlighted

You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Tried connecting the JL Cmdr and still doesn't work.  When I try to connect the "load.exe /nojvm" and waited until the LED flashes red and clicked next, the LED will not flash and will unable to connect.

I have notice that everytme the PC tried to connect the phone, the light will just trun off and there will be no connection from the PC to the phone.

Everytime I connect the phone to the PC, the PC will notice a new connection and then disconnected i,e, everytime the LED flashes red, the PC will recognizes the phone for short while until it stop then it will disconnect.

My best advice is to keep trying. Again and again. I have seen it take 20 tries for JLCmder to correctly connect.

Or look for CrackMem,you might it easier to use.

Knowledge Base Updates