Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problem With Blackberry App World

Summary: App World not working despite paying the additional monthly charge to service provider.

Hello,

I have searched the forums for an answer to my problem but could not find anything.  If I've missed something then I apologise!

I have recently received a Blackberry Storm on the Vodafone network.  After getting the phone setup I am still left with one problem which Vodafone technical support have washed their hands of.

My problem concerns the Blackberry App World.  After downloading this to my phone, I cannot use it.  I am given the error:

"Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at Blackberry App World.  Contact your service provider for more details."

I am currently paying Vodafone £5/month for the use of the Blackberry Internet Service (BIS).  I can access the internet (but only via Vodafone Live!) and am receiving emails with my registered hotmail account.  I therefore should not be receiving this error.

Vodafone have taken me through the usual possible solutions of; deleting the app and re-installing, removing the battery whilst the phone is still on, removing the battery and SIM to re-register the SIM with the network etc etc...  None of these have provided an answer to my problem.  The App World still refuses to work.

As far as Vodafone are concerned, everything their end is perfect.  They have suggested I contact yourselves for further support as the problem is to do with a 3rd party application.

I found the following page within your support site:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17838&slic...

It states that the default browser should be 'Internet Browser', however mine only has the option of 'Vodafone Live!', I don't know if this is related to the problem or not as obviously the Storm is Vodafone branded.

I'm really hoping you can provide some support and an answer to this problem as I'm not getting all the benefits of an otherwise very smart phone.  If you require any further information, please let me know. 

Kind regards

Nick

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Problem With Blackberry App World

Solution is to uninstall App World, and your browser settings and presence will be restored; then download app world again and you should be good to go.

New Contributor

Re: Problem With Blackberry App World

I appreciate your reply, but as I mentioned in my first post I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program.  In fact, I must have tried it about 15 times with no result.

I have actually now had this problem resolved after more calls to Vodafone and it was not a fault with my phone of the App World, but with my account settings with Vodafone.