Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: DiGi

Re: Problem connecting to BIS with my Verizon Storm 2 9550

[ Edited ]

Have you called Maxis Hotline and get the technical people to help you? The tech personnel told me to register my HRT while I was on the phone with her, because she had to see on her end the data my BB had sent, so she can enter some settings in the system.

When this problem happened, I could receive/send e-mails and connect to BIS through wifi only.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Maxis

already called the maxis tech support..did the HRt thing and resend the service book..at it did not work..

yet they ask me to go to maxis center..so i went there and they said "we did not support storm 2 9550 especially verizon model..its a cdma phone..we r a gsm provider...bla3......"

Highlighted
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Celcom

hi there.

i do nt know whether i can help or not but according to the informations that i have our svc provider cannot support cdma model of blackberry. they can only support that with the model that specifically for gsm model which support 2g and 3g. not only 9550 but 9530 also facing the same thing. so do be careful when purchasing blackberry. check the option and about to know the model you are trying to buy and call your svc provider to confirm whether they do support that model or not. but instead of verizon why not try to purchase vodaphone.

My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: QUALCOMM

i have my pre owned Storm 9550. and i find hard time to setup my bis.. when I create my acct in bis, it always says that i have to register my host routing table but when I go to my Options, it appears that registration message is sent.. what should i do? i would appreciate every little help you can give.. thanks. Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Storm II 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

dear 32

I have the same problem with storm II 9550 Verizon from USA, and don't want to setup email, I'm using Vodafone Egypt..

what to do?????????!!!!!!!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: 9550 storm 2
My Carrier: verizon wireless

OMG I have the same problem in Turkey ... Vodafone ... My phone came from USA Verizon Wireless . I think there is a problem with VZW and Vodafone .!
New Contributor
My Device: Storm II 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey guys..

I'm in Egypt using Vodafone network.. I Have Verizon storm 2 9550 from USA, it will not setup your email normally, no way..

But the solution is so simple!!..

I called Vodafone Egypt customer service, blackberry department, and the employee simply asked for the password of my personal email account to manually log in my email and set it up directly from Vodafone system, and guises what? IT WORKS!!.. Now I normally send and receive emails from my Verizon storm 2 9550..

Have fun..

PS: if you did this solution you must not change you email password, or if you had to change it later for any reason you must call the customer service and make the same process again..