Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
henserparedes
My Device: 9530

Problem with Storm 9530

I have a problem, my bb just  turn on the red led with black display when i connect to the desktop software it detects the smartphone but  claims me a password with  10 try left but when i put my password  the numbers of try left does not decrease  just get stuck on 1/10  and not 2/10 - 3/10 ....  to  10/10  and i cant go to the next step that is install the os to the smartphone there's any solution to that? how  can i delete the password question ? to get the next step ?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Problem with Storm 9530

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The only way to remove the password question is to disconnect your BB from your PC and then, via the on-device Options security settings, completely remove your device lock password. Then, when you next connect to your PC, the requirement for the password entry will not be there.

Since the device lock password is an important security function, I recommend putting it back in place after you have completed whatever it is that you are attempting to do.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
henserparedes

Well that's the problem, the device does not turn on, it's wiped out, it has no OS inside... just get stuck in a black screen display. i'm trying to install the operating sistem but, when i put my password correctly. still only with the red led... anyway thanks :smileyhappy:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh...well that's a different story. In which case, one of these two procedures might work for you:

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
henserparedes

Well thank you for your support but, i'm starting to think that is a hardware problem... here's a video with the problem http://youtu.be/o-FgUFqGqXg
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

At an Internet distance, diagnosing hardware problems with any degree of certainty is fraught with error potential. Only a qualified hardware technician, with the device in their hands, can correctly diagnose such issues.

As an EoL device, however, finding such assistance may well be quite challenging indeed.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates