Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

lebronssweet
My Device: Not Specified

Problem with screen...Please help

Hey everyone. Last night I noticed that in the center of my screen there was a small, black line, clearly visible. This morning I woke up and it was much larger, and in a bunch, like many small lines grouped together (kind of like an etch-a-sketch moved up and down repeatedly). There is no crack in the screen, but the area just appears black. I've tried turning my phone on and off, and removing the battery but nothing seems to work. Any thoughts? Thank you very much.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Problem with screen...Please help

It sounds to me like the LCD layer under the glass has been disrupted some how.  Usually this would coincide with a cracked screen, so I'm surprised you're seeing this without a cracked screen.

In this case, I would take the phone into your carrier and show them and then request a repair/replacement.  Take it in sooner rather than later and don't try anything to fix it, etc. as this could damage the actual glass, in which case you'd be out of luck getting the replacement.

Good luck and keep us posted.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.