Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
northshoremaster
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500
Accepted Solution

Problem with software update on Storm 9500

Hello, 

I´m new here and i have a problem with my Storm. 

I wan´t to install the latest software update and my phone computer says there is not enough free space on my storage. But I don´t have any data or apps on my phone and it says that there are 867mb of free space!

Please help me, I don´t know what to do...

Thanks

New Contributor
northshoremaster

Re: Problem with software update on Storm 9500

Nobody here who can help me?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

The amount of memory that matters in this regard is not File Free nor Device Memory nor Media Card memory. Rather, it is Application Memory (visible on Homescreen > Options > Memory). The best thing to try is a battery pop reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait through long reboot). Then try the update again since that will be the point at which your BB will have the max free AppMemory available.

Now, that said, in your first post, you said that your "phone computer" reported that you had too little memory...can you clarify that please? What is a "phone computer"?

Further, what exact method are you using to attempt this update? There are several methods, so step-by-step of exactly what you are doing will help us to help you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
northshoremaster

Hello,

thanks a lot for your detailed feedback!

Sorry about the error, I wanted to say that my computer tells me, there is not enough space. I use the blackberry desktop manager for mac. The updated, latest version. The program says that there is new software to update my storm, and if I click update the problem comes. It says that I need 9mb more of free space on my phone and that i should delete old emails or apps. But I erased ALL the apps I can on the phone, i don´t have any Email on it anymore, I deleted the languages, which are not used. I did several hard resets, I tried to delete things with the desktop Software, I formated both devices, but it still says I need 7mb more of free space... 

I think I saw something about 83mb of free space in the Application Memory

I would be very happy if you can give me some feedback.

thnx

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I am by no means an expert on using the MAC version of the desktop software, but from the messages you are receiving, there must be something more to clear out. You could try a WIPE on the BB to truly clear out everything...then attempt the update again. Unless, of course, WIPE is what you meant when you said "Format".

You also might find some guidance on using the MAC desktop software in this forum:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code