Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Reply
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
Posts: 1,102
Registered: ‎12-03-2008
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

RIM APP STORE CLOSER TO REALITY!!!

  • The store front is OPEN to developers. You can start submitting apps now.
  • App storefront will deploy applications via its own mechanism - there will be an on device client that will allow end users to browse, buy and download apps directly. Developers just need to focus on building awesome apps!
  • Users will be able to write reviews (I'm guessing rating and other expected functions like that will be in there as well)
  • The App Store will initially be roled out in English only to North America and UK markets. More language/geographic support coming down the road.
  • App Store will support OS version 4.2.1 software and higher on trackball and touchscreen devices (sorry trackwheel users - time to upgrade!)
  • Getting your apps into the app storefront:
    • 1. Signup as a Vendor
    • 2. Suitability test - RIM does an initial check to make sure your app has appropriate/suitable content and that the app meets basic quality standards
    • 3. Smoke test - RIM tests the app to make sure it meets the high quality standards that people have come to expect

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

 

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

 

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Please use plain text.
New Developer
hjhero
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎12-09-2008
My Device: Not Specified

Re: RIM APP STORE CLOSER TO REALITY!!!

Do you know how will RIM handle the billing? Seems RIM will support MRC billing, how will RIM communicate with app provider to control the accesses? Will RIM be similar to Handango which have their own billing API for App providers to intergrate into their Apps? If so, are there any docs available?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
Posts: 18,401
Registered: ‎07-29-2008
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: RIM APP STORE CLOSER TO REALITY!!!

I have read that buyers will be able to pay via Paypal only (no Google checkout, no VISA card).
From a developer point of view, 7% get to the developer. the remaining (sic) 93% will be dispatched between RIM and the carrier.

(man those numbers, I really hope I'm not remembering correctly)



The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
Posts: 1,102
Registered: ‎12-03-2008
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: RIM APP STORE CLOSER TO REALITY!!!

7% to the developer, thats a ripoff!!!  thats not a good incentive for developers to write apps!

 

after tax, 1099, and paypal fees, you'll have 1cent left!

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

 

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

 

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
Posts: 18,401
Registered: ‎07-29-2008
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: RIM APP STORE CLOSER TO REALITY!!!

I do hope it's rather 70%. can't find my source, it was on some blog about the RIM boss talking funny about the "new smartphones can't be released without bugs". There was an interesting part about the App Store but everybody concentrated on that funny piece of talk.



The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
Posts: 18,401
Registered: ‎07-29-2008
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: RIM APP STORE CLOSER TO REALITY!!!

according to CNet :
80% goes to the developper
20% goes to PayPal/RIM/Carrier.

http://www.berryreview.com/2009/02/09/faq-blackberry-application-center-vs-application-storefront-co...



The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.