Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
greendot_1001
My Device: Not Specified

RINGTONE STILL RINGING IN VIBRATION ONLY MODE!!!

My storm still sounds ringtones/text alert tones even when in vibration only sound setting. Does anyone else have the same problem? I have to completely silence it now because it would go off during classes :smileysad:

Super Contributor
Dankees

Re: RINGTONE STILL RINGING IN VIBRATION ONLY MODE!!!

I've had the same issue when I have a particular ringtone saved for someone and the volume NOT set to "Active Profile." Then, it just plays at level "8" or whatever (which really sucks).
New Contributor
gboydjr

My phone, set on LOUD, vibrates, rings once, then vibrates. I've changed the volumn and I've rebooted. What is happening?
New Contributor
cgrisham

I discovered that same anomaly shortly after upgrading to a storm from an 8830 (World Edition).   The problem is only on those contacts that you have set a custom ring tone for.  If you remove the custom ringtone, the phone will act as you expect it.  I noticed there is no selection for "Sound in Holster" for the custom ringtones.  There is for the "phone" / profile ringtone.  I suspect that's where the real issue is, because my 8830 worked just fine.
Contributor
skyscraper2290

I also have the same problem, i have one person in my contacts with a different ringtone and sms alert and even when i have the phone on vibrate it still makes the sound and it is really annoying.