Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
Timwa100
My Device: Not Specified

Re: New Blackberry Desktop Software v4.7.0 Size 111MB

Hi Krypto,

When I seen everything download successfully, I check my Blackberry Desktop and find it showing (Current v4.7.0.75) and below that it says: Blackberry 4.7.0.65 (Downgrade).

Later on, it says "No software Update is required for your Device".  So, I guess that I am alright for now. Why in the heck it would introduce to me a Software Update, when I already had a good current version, I don't know. It must of been just an Update for the Desktop.

Anyway, as always, thanks for your input, and also to the rest of the group on here for their input.

Sincerely, Timwa100

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oconnelljen2

[ Edited ]

Is there anyway to backout an update once you have installed it?  After I installed the update my synch keeps getting an error on the outlook calendar.  I don't know if it is the updated software or a problem in one of my calendar items.  I have had a tremendous amount of trouble with desktop manager and Outlook 2007 synching and getting an error.  Takes many hours to go through my calendar and find the culprit.  I wish there was a different  Outlook calendar, contracts, tasks synch app besides desktop manager.  It makes ActiveSync look fantastic which isn't saying much!!!

Frustrated again with desktop manager:smileymad:

Message Edited by oconnelljen2 on 04-08-2009 11:56 AM
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

If you're having a lot of issues, here's a suggestion to resolve the problem:

1. Uninstall the BlackBerry Desktop Manager from your computer and then restart the computer
  2. Download the BlackBerry Desktop Manager directly from BlackBerry website (LINK)
  3. Reinstall the Desktop Manager from the file you just downloaded.  As a suggestion, turn off your antivirus program during the installation to avoid any potential conflicts.  Once the installation is complete, you can re-enable your antivirus program (and run a scan if you like).

That will hopefully resolve any problems.  Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
warrenianbarr

What exactly does this new update have that the previous version didn't?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]
Not a lot (new application loader and a couple of other things), but the application loader is supposed to resolve some glitches or something similar.
Message Edited by Krypto on 04-08-2009 08:50 PM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
rabbitrnr

The easiest way I have found to deal with the sync issues is to go into the sycronization configuration in desktop manager with phone connected, edit the calendar by making a one way download from outlook to device. This overwrites the conflicts and avoids having to remove programs and reinstall.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oconnelljen2

I tried that along with many other items but I get the error when it is reading my Outlook calendar.  I finally found the problem where it was a reoccurring meeting that I had changed several occurrences of.  Once I deleted those and re-added the synch worked.  Very strange.  Seems like BlackBerry should be really good at synching office items such as the calendar.  Oh well.  Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Happier now but still would like different synch software besides Desktop Manager. :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Retired
BerrySmart
My Device: 8310

Hello everyone,

I just want to point out one little thing that most of youalready know.  There is a really good tool within BlackBerry Desktop Manager to help you with the syncing issue. 

Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager > click on 'Synchronize' from the main menu >select ‘Synchronization’ under Configure

The ‘View log’ option will tell you exactly what happensduring the synchronization process, and normally the last thing on that logfile would tell you where it’s actually failed if that’s the case. 

Ihope this information help some you a little bit more in troubleshooting theinvalid content on calendar or address book.

BerrySmart 

Please use plain text.