Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
sdedson
My Device: 9850

Reinstall Bluetooth

Is there a way to reinstall Bluetooth on a Blackberry Storm?  I am having trouble with handsfree devices and after much troubleshooting believe my only recourse is a reinstall.  Or do I have to wipe the device and start over... (I'm on a BES.)

Thanks.

Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: Reinstall Bluetooth

try doing a battery pull, then repair your headset to your phone.

i had a similar problem when pairing to my jawbone 2

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Contributor
sacgary
My Device: Not Specified

In Blackberry troubleshooting, 95% of the issues are resolved by a battery reset. If this fails then as the previous poster said, delete any existing devices from the BB and then attempt to pair them again.

From your post it seems that you are experiencing this with more than one BT device. If that is the case then reloading the handheld OS may resolve the issue.

Since you are on a BES, while rare, it is possible that something changed on your BES profile that has disabled the BT functionality on the device.

It goes without saying that you should be sure you have the latest OS update on the device. For the Storm it is 4.7.0.75.

Contributor
sdedson
My Device: 9850

Had already tried the battery pull, no joy.  I spoke to our BES admin and he changed my IT Policy to be less restrictive (unk. what he changed) and now Bluetooth is working correctly...

Thanks for all your help.