Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
mistertee
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Reminder Tone For SMS, Voice Mail, Missed Calls

I'm probably overlooking something obvious but I can't find the nesessary settings to enable a "reminder" tone for incoming SMS, missed calls and/or Voice Mail messages. In other words, setting a tone that will repeat at designated intervals (perhaps 5 or 10 minutes) until I acknowledge the receipt of an incoming message or missed call. For example, I often find that I'll be out of earshot from my BB when a SMS text arrives so I won't hear the original tone. The LED remains flashing but it's easy to miss. It's a common feature on most cell phones. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Reminder Tone For SMS, Voice Mail, Missed Calls

[ Edited ]

Hi welcome to the forums!

What you are requesting is not available on the Blackberry without a third party application.

Look in AppWorld for SmartAlerts by Bellshare GmBH. There is a free trial.

Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Late edit: Also see BerryBuzz by the same vendor.

Message Edited by Bifocals on 07-04-2009 03:43 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mistertee

[ Edited ]
Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction! I visited the developer's site ( http://www.bellshare.com ) and posed my question on their user forum. Within a matter of a few minutes a community member suggested I look into a different bellshare app called "BerryBuzz". As it tuns out, this is exactly what I needed. It includes all the functions I want (and more) and couldn't be easier to use. This will definitely be the best $5 I've ever spent on 3rd party BB apps :-)
Message Edited by mistertee on 07-04-2009 02:21 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Cool!
I'm glad you got the right app.

I just added BerryBuzz to my original post this afternoon!
Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
KingCobra
My Device: Storm 9530, Verizon, 5.0.0.419

Welcome to the Blackberry Forums. I'm happy you got your problem solved. But for me, I don't need the reminder tones because I work in an noisey enviorment and can hardly hear reminders, most of the time. Also, because of the time zone, (on weekends) I'm usually sleeping when I get tones for SMS. Have fun in the forums!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Windos1953
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

I tried The  BerryBuzz or Something Like That But I Had To Create a New Profile for it to Work So I Deleted it

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mistertee

[ Edited ]

Well, it looks like I need to recant one of my previous comments re BerryBuzz. Apparently it's notification alerts pertain only to LED control and customization. The audio alert tones cannot be set to repeat. In other words, you just get your chosen alert tone (as always) when a message first arrives and that's it. Having said that, the many LED (repeat and color modification) options certainly grab your attention and visually identify whatever type of message has been received. It's still a useful app but I wanted to clarify this for anyone who might be interested.

Also, re another members comment about needing to set up a new profile in order to use the app, in my case this wasn't necessary. After installing the app, the various features and settings are accessed through the "options" menu and are applied to the current profile by default.

Message Edited by mistertee on 07-05-2009 12:30 PM
Message Edited by mistertee on 07-05-2009 12:31 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mistertee

Ever been so embarrassed that you could just cringe??? ;-)

Looks like I missed something in the BerryBuzz custom profiles setup. It actually DOES allow a repeating audio reminder via the "Other" menu in the "Save Custom Profile" dailog. DOH! Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. It really sucks to be  a newbie... LOL! 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

mistertee,

Thanks for all the info on the product!

Bifocals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mistertee

Bifocals wrote:

mistertee,

Thanks for all the info on the product!

Bifocals

Sure! I'm glad I finally able to clarify things. As an aside, it boggles my mind that such basic functionality isn't a native feature in BlackBerry phones. For some, this could be a deal-breaker. True, during the business day most of us receive many calls and messages making it unlikely that messages will go unoticed for a significant period of time. Still, I find the need for such a feature to be critical. especially during nights and weekends when I'm not constantly monitoring my BB. In any case, BerryBuzz effectively addresses the issue in a very cost-effective manner. I was quite surprised to discover that many of the competing 3rd party apps are either incompatible with the Storm and/or are more expensive or simply don't work properly. Anyway, it's all good and I understand that Bellshare has Version 2.0 of this app in beta evan as we speak. As a BB newbie, this forum has been incredibly helpful. Thanks to all for their input :-) 

Please use plain text.