Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

cmeekins
My Device: Storm 9530

Restoring Contacts - Storm 9530

My phone basically stopped responding so that the only thing I saw was a gray screen and the hour glass. To  address this issue, the Verizon tech had me download the BB desktop manager to sync the phone and software. It worked but then it deleted ALL my contacts. Is there a way to restore my contact list? My contact list was not previously backed up. Thanks.  CAM

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Restoring Contacts - Storm 9530

Hello cmeekins

Welcome to the Community

Sorry to hear that you lost all the contacts but unfortunately, we don't have a way to restore something if there is no backup file.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Regular Contributor
AlexandraM
My Device: BlackBerry Curve

Are you certain that no backup has been performed? Since you connected your device to your computer and used Blackberry Desktop Manager, there is a chance that a backup has been created. It is worth checking to see if there is a backup because that will definitely help you get your contacts back. By default, Blackberry Desktop Manager stores backups in the following directories:

Under Windows XP, BlackBerry Desktop Manager will store backups in \Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Document\BlackBerry.

Under Windows Vista and Windows 7, BlackBerry Desktop Manager will store backups in \Users\USERNAME\Documents\BlackBerry.

If backups are present, you can do a restore but that will replace the entire current data on your phone to that of the backup so you must be careful. Alternatively, you can use a 3rd party app that will allow you to extract backup data onto the computer. That way, you can choose what files to import to your device. Contacts are extracted in vCard and CSV formats. To import the contacts back to your phone, you can use Google Sync. This article should help you out in importing the files into your Google account.

Ochuwa
My Device: Curve7

I just did but didn't get my recent contact back instead of 132 contact I was able to restore just 35 from my desktop. What do I do?