Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
rlbox139
My Device: Not Specified

Rhapsody does not recognize my storm anymore!!

So when i first got my storm, it was very very easy for me to plug my storm into the computer and transfer tracks with my rhapsody to go subscription (at the time, i didnt even have to change the setting for mtp and mass storage)

recently i had to return my computer to factory settings because of a virus.

for a few days, rhapsody would recognize my storm, but only in mass storage mode (because that is how it was set and i never changed it) and then it would randomly stop altogether (even the desktop manager couldn't recognize my phone).

i uninstalled the desktop manager and reinstalled it.  i also uninstalled and reinstalled windows media player 11 thinking maybe it had something to do with the MTP on my computer.

right now, desktop manager recognizes my phone just fine, however rhapsody and MY COMPUTER only recognize my phone in mass storage mode.  my phone is not appearing under PORTABLE DEVICES on my DEVICE MANAGER when mass storage is turned OFF and mtp is turned ON.

i thought something was wrong with my phone, so i tested it on my fiance's computer... and his computer recognized my phone as a portable device with no problem (when i plugged the phone in, it automatically searched for new hardware which is what my computer does, however "mtp" popped up in the little bubble on his computer, and not mine).

i'm thinking something went wrong when i had to reset my computer to factory settings but i have no idea what.

this is becoming very frustrating, and im considering starting all over again with my computer.

i am running windows XP, windows media player 11, and my storm OS is .75

any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

ps

and please dont tell me to change my mtp settings and mass storage settings on my phone... i've done that litterally a hundred times already.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Rhapsody does not recognize my storm anymore!!

do I understand correcty ?

one PC.

before :
Desktop Manager OK
Rhapsody OK
Mass Storage OK

then re-installation of the PC.

after :
Desktop Manager OK
Rhapsody KO
Mass Storage OK

if that is so, you should contact the Rhapsody support.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
sdgdean
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the exact same problem.  Any solution to this problem yet?  Rhapsody could not resolve the problem, and 6+ hours with the Blackberry tech didn't help either.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

put more pressure on rhapsody to fix your issue !

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.