Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

CLD
New Contributor
CLD
My Device: Blackberry 9530(Storm)

SIM Card Holder Loose?

[ Edited ]
One day my SIM card just locked up, and it asked me for the PUK code. During the troubleshooting process with Verizon, the representative told me to look at the numbers on the bottom of the SIM card. but to do that, I tried sliding it out with my fingers. No avail, so I tried with my last resort: prying it out. Apparently that was a really bad mistake. It dislodged the holder. So I was wondering if there's a way if I can put it back securely so that the SIM card can still be identified.
Message Edited by CLD on 03-11-2009 12:50 AM
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: SIM Card Holder Loose?

Hi and Welcome!

Well, sadly, since the holder is loose, there's nothing else to hold the SIM card. Your only method, IMO, is to see if the holder can re-attach and then it will hold the SIM. If not, then you need to go back to your carrier for warranty repair or replacement -- since they are the ones who instructed you to remove the SIM and did not give good instructions as to how to do so, they should be liable for the warranty (IMHO).

BTW -- (I know this won't help you...but perhaps others) the best way I've found for removing the SIM is to use a sharp pin to gain just enough traction on the surface of the SIM to get it started on it's way out of the holder...just enough to get fingers onto it to pull more safely. You have to be very careful to not push the pin into the surface of the SIM too far, but it worked for me.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code