Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
skubidoobie
My Device: Not Specified

SIM Card Rejected

My phone is displaying this now, and I don't know why. Where do I find the 3 digit password for my SIM card? My phone still works and everything, just displays "SIM Card Rejected" all the time.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: SIM Card Rejected

Give your carrier a call.  You may need to replace the sim card.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
blockjeremy

I have actually experienced the same thing, however I think that there is something else there too. The way I can get it to create is the following:

1) Boot my phone normally in a Verizon area and the message is not displayed

2) My office has terrible coverage for the Verizon network inside, if I leave my phone on I loose the Verizon network and the phone goes to "SOS" mode and in the status it says I am connected to "TMobile", it is at this point that "SIM Card Rejected" is displayed on my BB.

3) When I go back into a Verizon area everything works on the phone data, voice, etc. (Status even shows that it is on the Verizon Network). But the message "SIM Card Rejected" is always displayed until I turn my phone off and then back on.

It acts like it never tries to reverify the SIM after it has switched networks....it is real annoying since I loose signal in the center of my office everyday.

Just something perhaps that could be considered for improvement.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hutspa

mine is doing that too but if I take out the battery and put it back  in. it goes away.

I was told never to turn the phone off, just put it on silent at night when charging...I think the sim card rejection occurs when I'm charging with the phone on...anyone know if this is true???

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hutspa

Just found out that the Sim Card Rejected notice is if you don't have it activated, which I don't since I'm not going overseas for a couple of months.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
djdinct

I have also had the sim card rejected notice on a several occasions on power up. I power down the phone, pull and re-insert the card and the notice disappears on next power up. I can not think of any coincidental functions I perform with the phone that would cause this other than it only happens when I first turn on the phone in the morning. I noticed the post about always leaving the phone on during a night charge. I do use the scheduled power down / power up feature of the Storm which works well. I am not sure why we would need to leave the phone on during a charge. I have charged the phone during the day while on and do not get the message.
Please use plain text.
totallywirednyc

BlackBerry Storm (9530) Error: SIM Card Rejected

This error pops up when you lose CDMA (1XEV) connectivity in the US and the phone attempts to connect to a GSM network (you can duplicate if you force your Storm to GSM network technology) and you have a Global SIM card installed (and most of us do). The kicker is that the message “SIM Card Rejected” doesn’t go away until your hard reboot - even after you’ve reconnected to the CDMA network.
So, if you’re not using your Global SIM (if you are, call VZW and ask for Global Support - they can activate your SIM), you can just force CDMA only on the phone, do a battery pull, and you’ll never see this again. I assume some future firmware update will handle this error better by making it go away once you’re back on CDMA, but for now - this is what I had to do:

Select Options from the menu:

Select Mobile Network Options:

Change the Network Technology from Global to 1XEV:

Pull the battery out, put it back in, and once it reboots - the error will be gone and won’t reappear.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
roachm

I just wanted to thank you for the post.  I performed the steps you outlined and it resolved my issue.

I appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
klapkirk22
My Device: Blackberry 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

my blackberry tour is displaying the "sim card rejected" message on the top of the screen. i have verizon wireless and have my phone unlocked and my sim card activated for service abroad. i am currently in australia, so unfortunately the US solutions (i.e. switching to 1exv) do not help me. i have been here for several weeks and havent had any problems before. i left my phone charging overnight and in the morning the error message was displayed on the screen. is there a way for me to fix this problem myself or is there a way for global support to fix this? i really cant afford to wait the ten days for the sim card to be shipped internationally to me. thanks all

Please use plain text.