Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
jantoine
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

SMS - MMS

What is the difference between SMS and MMS when texting. 

Thanks in advance

Jack 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: SMS - MMS

SMS is text only.

MMS is MultiMedia Messaging (send pictures and short videos, etc.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
badams002
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

SMS is simple text messaging.  MMS is multimedia texting (such as picture texting, slide shows, or video texting).
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
arammeister
My Device: storm 9500 on vivacell

what is PIN than?  in "messages" there are only email, pin and sms text. i thought pin=mms but it is not. i can't find the place on my blackberry 9500 where i can create and send mms... any ideas?

thanks!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

arammeister wrote:

what is PIN than?  in "messages" there are only email, pin and sms text. i thought pin=mms but it is not. i can't find the place on my blackberry 9500 where i can create and send mms... any ideas?

thanks!

Hi! "PIN" is the unique identifier, in the BB world, of your specific device. It is an address that you can send messages to/from others by addressing via PIN (PIN messages via BB Messenger). "MMS" is a message format and has nothing to do with addressing of the messages. When you have any of the messages lists displayed, press the BB key (the hard key to the right of the green phone key) and the menu that pops us should give you options for various types of messages to compose (Email, PIN, SMS, MMS).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
arammeister

that's the problem... in my menu there are only 3 options (email, pin and sms text), everything but not mms... maybe it is connected with another problem? i cannot access to internet via blackberry browser (only via opera mini). my 9500 is on vodafone and i think the problem is somehow associated with unlocking because i am in Armenia where the mobile operator is other (not vodafone)... can you give advice?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi! Ahhh...that may well be the problem. But, unfortunately, my expertise lacks when it comes to unlocking and switching to other carriers. There have been threads on this forum about it...if you review those perhaps there will be some hints. One piece of advice -- if you do need to follow up on this more, then you should probably open a new thread since this one is marked solved by the OP.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
arammeister

sure, thanks :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.