Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
LiveLoveDance
My Device: Blackberry Storm2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

SMS inbox - please help!

I have a storm2. Yesterday I started having problems viewing text messages. I have my email account and my sms/mms messages in two different buttons on the menu. When I tried viewing new text messages, they were not in the inbox. I soon realized that my emails were showing up in my sms and mms inbox. I had to go into Options and Inbox Settings and choose for sms and mms to be included in the "main message list". How to I get these messages to go back to separate places? Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SFObrien
My Device: Storm 2

Re: SMS inbox - please help!

I will give it a try your post is a little confusing.  If I understand you want your messages in separate folders?  If so, whatever that's checked in the "inbox settings" will go into the messages folder and unchecked items,  your texts and mms messages for example will go into the sms/mms folder on the homescreen.

Did this help you out?

Steve
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LiveLoveDance

That's the way it used to be, but now when I open the sms and mms folder, it opens as if it was the main messages folder. Sorry for the confusion. Right now I have the sms and mms unchecked in the Inbox Settings. But when I open the sms and mms folder, it only shows me my emails. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SFObrien
My Device: Storm 2

I'm not exactly sure what is going on there.  I have four email accounts on mine plus the sms/mms.  I have none checked and they all go to their separate folders.

One thing you may try is resend the service books.  Go into setup folder,email settings,menu,service books, then choose resend. 

Good luck sorry couldn't be more help.

Steve
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LiveLoveDance

I took the battery out again and waited a little bit, and when I put it back in this time and it turned on it fixed the problem. So weird. Thanks for your help though! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

A powered-on battery pull reboot fixes 95% of the glitches on the BlackBerry.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.