Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

SUPER AWSOME APP FOR THE STORM!!!youmail

[ Edited ]

This is a awsome app that i have used for about 8 months prior to my storm and was supprised to see the app available for the storm.

The app is YouMail    www.youmail.com

This app is great, you dont waste your minutes calling to listen to your message, plus if you get calls from numbers you dont know, it will show you in the app the name of the person or company that called!

Now, this is the best part, you can have free (and paid) custom messages set for contacts.

And this is the absolute best part, if your getting calls from debt collectors (kinda normal with the economy the way it is) you have a thing called ditch mail!

My ditch mail is "The verizon number you are calling is no longer in service"!:smileyvery-happy:

One more thing, go the the website and set up your account first, then put the web address in you phones browser!

The strom will then download the app, and you can put it on your home screen.  i like it better that Visual Voicemail!!!

Message Edited by jeff1974w on 12-19-2008 08:33 PM
Message Edited by dany_s on 01-30-2009 05:37 PM

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: SUPER AWSOME APP FOR THE STORM!!!

the storm comes with this, but you have to pay for it, visual voice mail....
" if you can't weather a storm, then you shouldn't have one"
New Contributor

when signing up on the web, what phone did u pick from the blackberry options, other or 8830

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

YOUMAIL IS FREE!!!
GO TO WWW.YOUMAIL.COM ON YOUR COMPUTER AND SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT.
GO TO WWW.YOUMAIL.COM ON YOU STORMS BROWSER AND DOWNLOAD THE APP.

IT IS FREE AND BETTER THAN VERIZONS VISUAL VOICEMAIL!!!

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Contributor

This is really cool.  Thanks for Posting this link!!

BTW  I used "other" under blackberry and everything works great.  Takes a little time to set everything up on the PC - but very cool.

Better than paying $10 to verizon for visual voice.

Contributor

Where on the phone does it tell you that you have a voicemail after it is installed?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Dixandbub wrote:
Where on the phone does it tell you that you have a voicemail after it is installed?

You can set the option to send you a SMS or an email.  

I love YouMail!   It's great!

Jamie

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.
New Contributor

This is great. i have used the last 2 days and its awesome! Nice!
Contributor

To Dixanbub -

When I get a msg from YouMail - It goes in my Message folder to tell me I had a call - If I want to check the msg that was left and listen to the message,  I have an icon in my download folder that says YOUMAIL - when you click it it will take you to the Youmail site.  You log in once from your phone and so far I haven't had to log in again. It will show you who called, and their phone number - you click on the msg and it takes you to the recording and click on the play button. 

(or you can go to your browser and to to the www.youmail.com and you get the same thing.  I've only logged in the first time)

This is really cool!!!

Much better than the verizon msg center and it's FREE!!!

Contributor

Thanks.  I'll try it.  I hope it is easy to go back if you don't like it.