Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Screen Problems with Storm 2 9520 Vodafone UK

Me either.  There was a recall of the 9550 for screen problems.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9520
My Carrier: Vodafone

i have had so many problems with my phone. just been offered a refurbished handset of the SAME phone, so when i said i'd rather not, the advisor on the other end said why i said theres so many known faults with this phone. She says ill check to see if there are any known faults, comes back and says there aren't any. I'm absolutely fuming. If they had this phone for a day they'd soon be fully aware of the faults!!

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9520

bbunderground wrote:

What I dont understand, is if we are all having these issues why has there been no recall for this issue....it is clearly defective and 500.00 for a defective item is robery

i completely agree. i'm gobsmacked that the advisor i spoke to claimed there where no known faults or complaints with the storm 2. ridiculous. they want to try having these phones themselves for a day and im sure they would soon agree with us all!!

Visitor
My Device: storm 2

Hello everyone,

I hope  my post will be reviewed from experts as well.  Couple of months ago   purchased Storm 2  from vodafone UK.  As well - like everyone here  two weeks after purchasing the problems started.- freezing , unable to answer, unable to hang up  and more screen  problems. 

A month ago I had go on  a business  trip to my original country Bulgaria where I kept using the Blackbery with the original Vodafone sim card. Surprisingly the phone stopped freezing . At the beginning I tough  is temporary , but for a full month  the phone did  not make any problems. 

I have used M-tel (Bulgarian network) which is part of Vodafone's family for a month .  I have came back two days ago and  all problems with the device started strait away.

May be the  problem is not only with the phone but with the network as well. but I am not an experts so I hope  my post can help  to the experts here to resolve the problem, because if it works this phone is dimont.

Best wishes

Miko

My Device: Storm 2

Hi All,

In response to the original post, I am having the same problem and more.

This is my second Storm 2. I have been a BB girl for many years. I loved loved loved my Curve! Although the Storm 2 is impossible.

Below is the issues I am having it. The most annoying is not being able to end calls! I have sent the below to email to Vodafone, as I am going to jump ship ... maybe to iphone land! Ek!

• The red end call button will freeze (on the screen and the actual button), and I can’t end calls. It may also say ‘return to home screen?’. If I manage to actually be able to select this option, it will not end the call but return to the home screen. So I have to do a battery pull. This happens all the time. Daily!

• The phone heats right up after a moderate phone call, and it will freeze for about 5 minutes. The home screen will display, although I cannot select anything from the menu button or home screen. Battery pulls do not fix this. It generally takes 10 – 15 minutes to work again.

• The screen sensors sometime become active during a call (which they aren’t supposed to do). The screen will beginning to click if my cheek touches the phone, and it will hang up a call. This happened to me three times the other day during one phone call.

• Sensors on the top of the screen will stop working, or on the bottom. So I may only be able to use the top part of the screen or the bottom at one time. This requires a battery pull.

• Dial numbers input screen will get mixed up. For example, if I try to call my Voicemail (121) .. and try to type 121 in, I can type the 1, although when I press 2, it will then delete the 1! That is one example. This requires a battery pull.

• The screen will start to ‘double click’ and become super sensitive .. so unable to open an app of any sort. It will effectively open and then close anything I am trying to do, with one tap. Or may happen when I am trying to type, or do anything. This requires a battery pull.

• Screen totally freezes.

• Random permanent buttons and screen buttons/apps just wont ‘press’.

• The phone will randomly kill calls for no good reason.

• I have problems answering calls. I press the answer key, and it will go silent for a second, and then continue to ring again – and I just can’t physically answer the call. I had this issue with the original phone, although its much worse now.

Smiley Mad

Bedge wrote:

Hi All,

In response to the original post, I am having the same problem and more.

What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > About, third line down beginning with a "v.5.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Storm 2

Hi!

v5.0.0.497.

Smiley Happy

I would highly recommend that you upgrade to the msot recent 9520 operating system release 5.0.0.973.

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

See the link below, for the download and simple installation instructions.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=7143D7FBADFA4693B9EEC507D9D37443

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
My Device: storm 2 9550
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Screen Problems with Storm 2 9550 Verizon

hey guys i had to replace my screen displace and the screen is blnk but lights are on
and everything is updated help me please to resolve the problem